Primus to Play Frizzle Fry in Los Angeles
JamBase
JamBase
9/2/2010 12:00 AM

Primus to Play Frizzle Fry in Los Angeles

concertconfessio…
concertconfessio…
9/2/2010 12:51 PM

Glad I skipped this one. All due respect to Primus, but Club Nokia SUCKS ASS and I have already seen the band play Frizzle Fry live. Those who do go - have fun.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
9/2/2010 12:54 PM

the bad choice of venue is the same reason I'm passing as well.

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
9/2/2010 01:15 PM

I havent been to this venue, I have tickets to the show...can you guys tell me why its soooo bad?

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
9/2/2010 02:00 PM

I agree, Im skipping it because of the venue too. It sucks because only a small amount of people are allowed on the floor and the sightlines anywehre else, except the balcony suck ass!

PrimusLick
PrimusLick
9/2/2010 03:06 PM

but yall havnt seen this lineup with Jay LAne so suck it

Primus sucks

Aaronmc
Aaronmc
9/2/2010 04:09 PM

I just want to see a Pork Soda tour, that would be awesome!

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
9/2/2010 08:33 PM

Herb > Lane

Sorry dude!

FroDaddyJR
FroDaddyJR
9/2/2010 09:21 PM

Lane is still the shit whether or not if Herb is better so who gives a fuck

mesaxi
mesaxi
9/3/2010 05:49 AM

Herb don't Jam.

concertconfessio…
concertconfessio…
9/3/2010 10:25 AM

gettintwisty,

Here is the deal w/ Club Nokia. First off, parking is a joke. $25 on a game night. Now sure, you can trust your car in one of the wonderful lots in downtown LA - good luck with that. Often times (especially on weeknights) the last subway trains leave before shows are over, so if you are cool missing Harold of the Rocks - go green.

As far as the venue, very long lines to get in due to strict security. Venue is vey smoking unfriendly (I know, it's illegal, but does that stop folks?). The security/staff are unfriendly. Well drinks are $14 and watered down. The sound is good, and if you are in the front pit (early wrist band) you are ok. However, if you are stuck on the floor in the next two sections, expect poles/support beams to block your view. Balcony is nice, which is why they often charge more for it.

In addition, the venue on the inside feels stale. Lame florecent lights, booths to buy cell phones, it's just stale. Had this tour hit The Wiltern, I would have been there in a second.

I hope this helps.

Oh and if Herb was willing to be a part of Primus, I am sure he would have been there. He may be a "better" drummer, but if he aint willing, well what else can Les/Larry do?

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use