Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

9 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
The Rhythm Devils | 08.22 | Chicago | Pics
JamBase
JamBase
8/24/2010 12:00 AM

The Rhythm Devils | 08.22 | Chicago | Pics
Bill & Mickey take a new lineup including Mother Hips' Tim Bluhm on the road. Chad Smith gives us a glimpse.

freekfreely
freekfreely
8/24/2010 05:22 PM

This incarnation blows, and not in a good way.

Now without Keller i imagine it is downright awful.

Dont wast your time.

chidodger
chidodger
8/24/2010 05:53 PM

I must dissagree with freekfreely. I had a great time at the show. Actually, in pic #15, I'm the dude in the white shirt in the 2nd level box. Anyhow, Mickey and Bill sounded great, and both guitar players did a good job. It seemed as though everyone there was having a killer time. If you hate the new Mule bass player as much as I do, you would have enjoyed the playing of Andy Hess as well. Not sure what show you were at on Sunday, freekfreely.

damoncory
damoncory
8/26/2010 12:15 PM

Saw the Minneapolis show Monday & had a time, they sounded great! 40$ was a bit steep, but the Cedar is a small place. I had now idea it was going to be 90% Dead. I guess I was expecting alot more percussion. If you are at all a Dead fan, this lineup should not dissapoint.

frunobulax
frunobulax
8/26/2010 02:49 PM

From the setlist, it looks like Bill Kreutzmann is now playing in a Dead cover band. Sucks to be a hypocrite, right Bill?

bebber
bebber
8/26/2010 06:48 PM

Dig that devils shirt. Where's Keller. He killed it at Vibes! See Keller at Stir Fry. Best solo artist ever

sonic_curmudge
sonic_curmudge
8/28/2010 08:30 AM

Would love to hear this band tackle some Mother Hips songs. I've been arguing for quite some time that Tim Bluhm is the best songwriter of his generation.

chicoavenue
chicoavenue
8/28/2010 11:04 PM

Love them Hips!!

HighSierraUncle
HighSierraUncle
8/30/2010 05:17 PM

I'd also like to hear them play some of Tim's songs. Tim is definitely my favorite songwriter out there today.

How about Song in a Can, or Honeydew, or Give Me More, or Harnessmaker's Song, or White Headphones, or Time-sick Son of a Grizzly Bear, or Protein Sky, or. . .

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use