Lollapalooza | 08.06-08.08 | Chicago
crowesfan
crowesfan
8/13/2010 01:51 PM

and I do mean Soundgarden

danalog
danalog
8/14/2010 12:31 PM

yeah really, you're gonna cover this festival, which has a historic show taking place, and your writer doesn't even mention it?

deceasedlavy
deceasedlavy
8/16/2010 03:00 PM

I had a great time too, folks. I think if you'd actually read the story, you'd know that. Very sorry I couldn't be in three places at once also, and JamBase isn't interested in lengthy, comprehensive reviews of festivals any more. Why? Because apparently, nobody reads them; they just glance at them, find something to bitch about and then make snarky comments. And I'll go on record to say that a 90s band reunion cash-in might be great for nostalgia, but it's not worth the long walk between main stages to catch part of Soundgarden when an amazing, vibrant band with a bunch of new material is playing music that actually means something NOW.

electronicjams
electronicjams
8/16/2010 04:15 PM

deceasedlavy ftw!

2gr8ful
2gr8ful
8/16/2010 05:18 PM

I was hoping to read this review and feel happy while revisting this great weekend. Instead, this review was negative and made me somewhat pissed that the reviewer was even allowed to the fest if he really didnt enjoy himself. Next time, don't start a review with informing the reader that the organizers did a terrible job and give them a D rating when they were actually on point with the changes they made this year.

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
8/16/2010 09:48 PM

I bitched about the line-up when it was released earlier this year, mostly since 08 and 09 were too-good-to-be-true, but after reading this and seeing the amount of other bands (besides the shitty Headliners), it looked like a lot of fun. I could see myself enjoying a lot of these acts. I agree with the person whom said this is the Best festival out there right now, nothing better than a major festie in downtown Chi-Town...hopefully next year, Perry will be smarter and book some real raw talent for the Headlining Spots!

jazzfester
jazzfester
8/17/2010 08:16 AM

Deceased,

I was not there and I have nothing to say about Lolla. However, I read your entire review because I found it contained relevant information about this fest if I choose to go next year. All I remember about my 1 Lolla was standing in a beer line for the ENTIRE Pearl Jam show in the '90s. I thought then that improvements were needed. Thank you.

On another note, has anyone seen the skit by Demetri Martin about the raver who dresses up like he is going to a rave during the day? Some of these indie bands/fans remind me of that character.

Muffinman1
Muffinman1
8/19/2010 03:08 PM

Deceased,

You couldn't be more wrong about the soundgarden show. A nostalgia show you could go see would be STP or Alice in chains. Those are cash grabbers. And also they are bands that are not playing festivals. You can tell STP does not give a shit when they are playing. Soundgarden RIPPED IT hard. They sounded great and I am so glad i saw them over Arcade Fire because it completely made my weekend. Arcade fire will be around for a long time. I'm glad i saw Soundgarden while I could.

beernuts420
beernuts420
8/20/2010 04:30 PM

Nice review Cal, Keep it up :)

chuckp72
chuckp72
8/23/2010 11:59 AM

34 acres were added but only 5,000 more tickets were sold per day. Capacity was 75,000 per day and that was increased to 80,000. The fest had much more room and there was no more "people jam" at Buckingham Fountain. You may want to do some more research before you make a comment about selling more tickets.

Muffinman1
Muffinman1
8/26/2010 08:59 AM

way less crowded than bonnaroo

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use