Sat Eye Candy: Phish Influences
JamBase
JamBase
8/7/2010 12:00 AM

Sat Eye Candy: Phish Influences

mmmmikep
mmmmikep
8/7/2010 10:23 AM

Funny that they put Swamp music on there by Skynyrd since it is almost exactly the same as Possum

msudtg
msudtg
8/7/2010 10:59 AM

Just wondering. Do yall know of Phish doing a WSP song or vice versa? I think that would be interesting.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
8/7/2010 11:03 AM

The jambase/phish page is not in realtime. At least it wasn't last night. The tweets are, but most offer no relevant information.

From the road gives real time setlist updates

bigchris
bigchris
8/7/2010 01:38 PM

you guys missed the boat bigtime here

should have videos from Billy Cobham, MV Orch, Chuck Mangione, etc.

that who phish ripped off from the 70s

froginapuddle
froginapuddle
8/7/2010 01:57 PM

Totally, was it let the intern choose week? Ac/Dc bag has nothing at all to do with the band Ac/Dc .... you should've dropped some zappa and capt. beefheart, and stop letting the interns write your articles . sorry to be such a hater but the guy above me was right the boat here was missed big time.....sorry

BennyR502
BennyR502
8/7/2010 02:24 PM

When I think phish influence I think Zappa for sure... I mean, peaches en regalia much?

piddler13
piddler13
8/8/2010 07:20 AM

Zappa, Pat Methany, and Genesis.

Also in The Phish Book Mike says his favorite bass player is Phil Lesh. I know the whole Dead/Phish thing is overdone but Trey talked about Garcia and Zappa in his Charlie Rose interview in 2004.

jerzeykid
jerzeykid
8/8/2010 08:04 AM

I think David Byrne was lovin' some yay-oh in the Cities video. That dude is geeked out of his mind

alw7
alw7
8/8/2010 09:15 AM

that's pretty funny that they pulled the AC/DC video,now how about the real masters that influenced them,not f****n' Dread Zeppelin(as amusing as they may be)

bloveblgrass
bloveblgrass
8/8/2010 12:42 PM

They are talking about songs covered on this tour, not overall influences. Read the intro! !seems like some Phish fans have to compete to see who loves/knows the most about band. Its not a competition, its music, love it and each other

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
8/8/2010 01:32 PM

^ word

damoncory
damoncory
8/9/2010 09:23 AM

^ Yep

struby420
struby420
8/10/2010 03:34 PM

Led Zepellin, the Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, the Doors, the Velvet Underground, the Who, Herbie Hancock, Rush (ask Fishman, I dunno)...I mean, all four members are students of music. They grew up when amazing music was bountiful, their influences are plentiful. You could go on and on and on, because they never going to stop listening to other music, and therefore they will always be influenced by what they hear in some way.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use