Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

18 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
String Cheese Incident | Horning's Hideout Review/Gallery
JamBase
JamBase
8/5/2010 12:00 AM

String Cheese Incident | Horning's Hideout Review/Gallery
The lowdown on SCI's triumphant return to Oregon's fest jewel, along with thoughts on future Cheese from Jason Hann.

jdwool2
jdwool2
8/5/2010 03:00 PM

I can't wait! We still have Hulaween and "a few dates sprinkled in here and there next year" I like what I am hearing even though full-on tour would be amazing you can't do it all and this makes it more feasible and builds everyone's anticipation. Spread cheesily!

PooDolla
PooDolla
8/5/2010 03:36 PM

Nice picture of the sandwich guy.

I had an incredible time that weekend. SCI has the best fans out there.

friendlyjohn
friendlyjohn
8/5/2010 05:54 PM

We had an awesome time at Hornings.I've been to all 21 Incidents at HH and I would say the ritual set on Saturday was the best ever from an eye candy point of view.SCI really came through with the goods.The band was on fire all 3 shows.The acoustic stuff with the MCcoury boys on Sunday was off the hook.Side project day on Thursday was a real treat.It was a true 4 day fest.I liked the addition of the side stages & thought it was a great idea that they were silent during the SCI sets

Good review of a magical event.Hoop to be back next year

Sizlunt
Sizlunt
8/5/2010 06:20 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!

The music never stopped this weekend! This was an incredible time, one of my favorite Horning's Hideout weekends I've had so far. The Saturday second set festivities were superb and really brought back that feeling of the 2005 Saturday Horning's show, which was one of the most powerful experiences of my life for many different reasons.

I'm sure some assbag is just wetting his/her pants waiting to complain that Peak Experience wasn't there this year. I'll nip that in the bud with a happy STFU. The venue was awesome without Peak there, and if you are only there for the Peak stuff, you are there for the wrong reasons. JUST BE HAPPY THAT SCI IS PLAYING TOGETHER AGAIN!!

Once again... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
8/5/2010 09:21 PM

What's peak experience? Never seen SCI, not really up on their game. Had a chance to at bonnaroo once but I think I got stuck at superjam. Mistake right? I want to see em bad though. This sounded SICK! Oregon and the whole NW is beautiful. I can only imagine how ill this was.

Sizlunt
Sizlunt
8/5/2010 10:16 PM

It was really really really good. It's like partying on Endor.

SchwillyRusty
SchwillyRusty
8/6/2010 08:14 AM

Hate to say it to anyone who was not here but this was the highlight of the summer. Literally one of the greatest weekends of my life musically and spiritually. Great music all weekend including cheese, the colonel, toubab, the mccourys, beats antique and all side projects. Everyone threw down and threw down hard, I think they all knew how special the weekend was. So many smiling faces all weekend, couldn't have been any better. Hornings Hideout is absolutely gorgeous and a perfect place for someone like me to go play for 4 days. THANKS CHEESE AND BOB HORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
8/6/2010 10:01 AM

Horning for Senate 2010.

JimmyJamesx5
JimmyJamesx5
8/6/2010 10:38 AM

yeah these guys just keep getting better and better, anybody know anything about the venue in virginia, it will be hard to top this but if there is anyone who can do it its SCI. Long live the cheese!

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
8/6/2010 11:12 AM

Wasn't there but i declare Festival of the Summer. Downloadding the sets when there up for free. I dont know what peak experience is but i bet its trippy background shit

sueshi9
sueshi9
8/6/2010 12:41 PM

Nice shots, Spady!

nood
nood
8/6/2010 01:29 PM

Thank you SCI and Bob Horning...I can't wait to see you crazy freaks out there next time! Go Apeshit!!!!

zachguru
zachguru
8/6/2010 05:22 PM

it truly is amazing how one band can create such a phenomenal group of fans. thank you SCI for everything and thank you Bob for your hospitality! see yalls next year! and HULAWEEN!!!

farmdreads
farmdreads
8/9/2010 08:34 PM

Great article but I need to clear some things up about the "20' tall wooden peacock." I was lucky enough to be asked build it for the show but alas, it was not a peacock, nor was it made of wood. Fuego, as we call him, is a 10' tall metal Phoenix. I know, it's Horning's and Horning's is synonymous with peacocks, but I tried my best to keep his feathers from touching at the top as a peacocks do. Also, since he was practically surrounded by fire, metal was the safest choice for a building material. Check out the "Fuego the Phoenix" webpage on my site www.tylerfuquacreations.com to see how we made him. You can also see Bob the Peacock (named after Bob Horning) on the site as well. Look closely at the feathers and you'll see the difference. Thanks for putting Fuego in the article and thanks for Brian Spady for taking such killer photos!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use