Jerry Garcia Film In Doubt
JamBase
JamBase
8/5/2010 12:00 AM

Jerry Garcia Film In Doubt

Putnameter
Putnameter
8/5/2010 11:01 AM

hmm, perhaps Amir Bar-Lev needs to befriend GD Productions. It would be cool to see a biopic made with actual Jerry footage, not some actor portraying him.

mesaxi
mesaxi
8/5/2010 11:01 AM

Good. This movie should not be made.

phalluscooper
phalluscooper
8/5/2010 11:40 AM

$

boknows
boknows
8/5/2010 11:46 AM

Ok, so all we're gonna get is the Jerry in Half Baked.

Man could he swing the 6 string.

21mmer
21mmer
8/5/2010 11:51 AM

thank god......just make an awesome documentary/biopic instead.

frunobulax
frunobulax
8/5/2010 12:53 PM

Since "Dark Star" relied almost entirely on the Dead family for oral history, a film based on it but without their involvement would be weird. But even good documentaries can be made in an unofficial capacity. 'Kurt & Courtney' features no Nirvana music (only childhood recordings of Kurt, maybe) but is still relatively effective as a documentary. And even on the Dead side of things, "The End Of The Road: The Final Tour" while featuring no Dead music still manages to capture on film much of what went wrong on the last summer tour. Of course, it had some "family" interviews, but was produced without the aid and consent of GDM.

mocablast
mocablast
8/5/2010 01:14 PM

I smell Bobby Weir the capitalist...

bigchris
bigchris
8/5/2010 01:24 PM

translation: "please send the Garcia estate a bigger check"

phishreysMcMoe
phishreysMcMoe
8/5/2010 01:43 PM

"Jerry Garcia Family LLC" ????

good thing their not a S Corp.....

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
8/5/2010 02:28 PM

mocablast that's hilarious:D HAHA, I wonder if Bobby is like "what about me?..." or "we're gonna get our share right?"

EIther way, I do hope this doesn't go into production, I'd rather leave the realness within my own imagination and not some hollywood flop: Taking Woodstock comes to mind. There's somethings better left untouched...

jamlee
jamlee
8/6/2010 12:33 PM

If these groups do not want the film made then I think we need to respect the decision, whatever the reason. There's no need for this film to be made anyway. How many deadheads out there don't already know this information? Also there are so many other places to find this such as the book this film was going to be based off of. To try to find another way to do this film would be wrong.

damoncory
damoncory
8/9/2010 09:13 AM

People always love to go with the greed angle right away.

This is not about money. Its about integrity.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use