Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

11 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Gathering of the Vibes 2010 | Photos
JamBase
JamBase
8/2/2010 01:40 PM

Gathering of the Vibes 2010 | Photos
Lensman Max Flatow gives us the bird's eye view on a sunny, Dead-tastic weekend with Furthur, DSO, Primus and more...

chux7487
chux7487
8/2/2010 02:26 PM

photo. viewer.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
8/2/2010 10:05 PM

WHY!

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
8/2/2010 10:28 PM

Really Jambase. IS your photographer being dosed at every festival because you are not delivering like you used to. two photos of primus. two hundred words about the whole weekend. And i really want to know if the nitrous mafia was really dealt with. Did anyone else read that article in the village voice.

drdank551
drdank551
8/3/2010 07:54 AM

I read it and thats why I clicked on this, to see if they had reported on any of the activity. Photo Viewer blows get rid of it, got back to the old. I haven't been to JamBase in a long time, I dont know where to bitch and complain about stuff, things are not regularly updated, news comes in well after it has been posted on other sites. Late news, shitty format, poor reporting, banned that bisco kid (that was at least entertaining). Any other reasons why I should stick around?

MFlatow
MFlatow
8/3/2010 08:02 AM

Hey guys, this is the photographer - I totally feel your frustration.

Just wanted to make note that I'm not a journalist - the guy who was supposed to write the article/review couldn't show due to illness. I was asked 30 minutes before my photos were posted online to put something together. My apologies if the review is a little broad and cliche - like I said - I'm not a writer and I know that I should certainly stick to photography. Hopefully you'll enjoy the photos, and MCKILLA - if you'd like to see more Primus, feel free to drop me a line at my website, www.MaxFlatow.com. I'd be happy to show you more.

chux7487
chux7487
8/3/2010 09:23 AM

see now that is crunk. the photographer actually responds and its not even his fault that the viewer sucks. thank you MFlatow for your hard work and its nice to see that you follow up on feedback etc. about your pictures. keep on rockin (and clicking) man!

21mmer
21mmer
8/3/2010 10:28 AM

MFlatow......thanks for your response. i was amped-up and ready to bash the "review" for how totally sparse and devoid of content it was (something that has come to define jambase "reviews" recently). it is really unfortunate that you were forced into that situation. however, i thought your pics were pretty good. however, the photoviewer makes me not want to look at them......ever. i'm not trying to tell you what to do but, as an artist who depends on exposure to the public to get his stuff out there, i would have some not-so-polite words for the folks at jambase. but......good effort. nice pics, and way to pick up the slack.

jambase......your website has turned laughable. if it wasn't for the calendar and a few folks i talk to on the forums, i would have no reason to come here. your reviews are pathetic, when present; and the overall lack of content (interviews, album reviews, etc.) is embarrassing. maybe you're all too busy going to see live music to maintain a relevant website. whatever the case is......this is garbage. EVERYTHING has gone down hill around here and, seemingly, amidst the calls for change/explanation, you stay silent and stoic. well......good luck with that......i wonder how that business model will work when your user-traffic slows down to the point where you can't make a profit selling ad space?

jimithing1221
jimithing1221
8/4/2010 07:31 AM

I agree with the overall lack of revies on Jambase lately. Lots of pictures, few words.

This review doesn't talk about Zach Deputy's set on the Main Stage, but we do have the audio of it. It is hosted at ZACHDEPUTY.BANDCAMP.COM (no caps, just trying to draw attention to it).

Due to high demand, we sold out of the ZDLive of the set at the festival, but as always, are hosting it on Bandcamp for everyone to download at name-your-price. Take advantage of this and use the 'share' button to post on Facebook, etc.

TimkoNug
TimkoNug
8/4/2010 12:30 PM

My 11th Vibes and one of the better ones in resent history. Weather was perfect, 78 and sunny. Music was very solid, though nothing blew my mind. The organizers really stepped it up this year, I didn't hear one tank, or see a brimming porto, or see many strung out heads. We all know last year was a dirty black eye for this festival, but the good old family vibe was back. Can't wait for next year!

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
8/7/2010 07:44 AM

WOW thankx MFlatow. Solid primus shots on your website. seriously sir, you need to talk to your employers.

Im glad this Vibes went well, i will reconsider going to Vibes in the future for sure. I still think the should find a more rural venue. I live in the Ozarks, its in the midwest for those unfamiliar, so maybe I take it the nature for granted. But lakes with power plants in the background don't seem so chill.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use