Nathan Moore: Hippy Fiasco Rides Again California Tour Starts Today
JamBase
JamBase
7/27/2010 12:00 AM

Nathan Moore: Hippy Fiasco Rides Again California Tour Starts Today

carrot
carrot
7/27/2010 11:43 AM

The festival that Nathan got screwed by didn't have financial problems because of the economy. No, they had financial problems because they were irresponsibly committing funds to bands, production companies, security companies, land owners and more that they would only have if they sold enough tickets. BUT they were so high that they didn't keep track of how many tickets they would need to sell AND they made all these contractual agreements without, in fact, having the proper permits for having such a large gathering. Our community should wake up and NOT LET THESE SELFISH TRIP HEADS fool us again. Consciousness cloaked in greed and stupidity is UNconscious dudes. I hope this "Hippy Fiasco Rides Again" tour is fruitful for you Nathan. Because Nathan, YOU ROCK!

21mmer
21mmer
7/27/2010 11:58 AM

carrot.....if this is all true, i have to tend to agree with you.

what festival are we talking about, here?? if they are screwing over bands and fans, expose them.

johnnyjo14
johnnyjo14
7/27/2010 12:15 PM

Mystic Garden Party

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
7/27/2010 12:44 PM

Now dubbed "Mistake Garden party"

I am sure the article is just trying to be nice about it. Thats what the comments section is for! heh

My friend went and said it was the Twilight Zone of drama, but also very beautiful since lots of volunteers brought wonderful art. She managed to have fun anyway. Spearhead did show up. Brett Dennon, Random Rab, lynx and janover and many others did not.

BIG UPS FOR THE ONE OF A KIND NATHAN MOORE!! <3 <3 <3

The fest made that last minute venue change, it was supposed to be in Corning (by Redding) but got moved last minute to east of Redding, closer to Lassen.

Sketchy!

The bummer is, there was so much wonderful art and stages that people brought, lots of hard work that went crashing down in sorrow. I personally think the promoter bit of more than they could chew.

This festival is not neccessarily "established". Its been around a couple years, always in a different spot. Thats not very established.

Festy overload! Get it together, people! Thats why I pick my festivals based on well oiled machines. Festivals like Las Tortugas and Bobolink have survived 5 years because they never stepped over their boundaries and have a solid foundation and solid support with promoters that arent wishy washy.

Bummed, but I hope for less quantity, and more QUALITY from events.

articgtp
articgtp
7/27/2010 01:09 PM

Well said, an artist snag or two, scheduling miss-hap, or sound issues are all something any festival goer is used to and expects at some level.

But the way they handled this debacle is unforgivable. they not only affect the cities around them and the collective revenue they missed out on but the hardworking artists and crafts-people who lost out.

Bad Form....Bad Form.... (in Dustin Hoffman from Hook voice)

DKtheartist
DKtheartist
7/27/2010 01:13 PM

The posted address for the Sebastopol show on Wednesday is incorrect. Instead go to 8940 Bodega Hwy, 1 mile west of downtown Sebastopol...call (707) 758-4070 if you would like better directions

mrhat
mrhat
7/28/2010 11:31 AM

I believe any promoter who doesn't make good on a guarantee for an artist should be hung by their toenails. Or at least made to serve that artist as roadie until they have worked off their debt.

The promoter of the Mystic Garden Party, aka Epic Fail Party, aka the Giant Clusterf*ck, was Phil Lindsey. If you would like to encourage him to pay Nathan Moore and the other artists who trusted him enough to come to his festival, please call him at 808-228-0505.

Thanks for supporting live music! Please go see Nathan and give him some love and some $ if you can, he was not given a proper welcome home to California at this festival and Phil's broken promise has put him in a bad spot.

Thanks,

Mr. Hat

SoulManMomma
SoulManMomma
7/28/2010 12:53 PM

Lots of love to Nathan from all of us here in his home town...we are all there in heart and spirit and I am sooo envious of anyone who has the opportunity to be a part of the Hippy Fiasco...go see every show you can!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use