Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

18 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Pitchfork Music Festival | 07.16-18 | Chicago
hotchkiss
hotchkiss
7/24/2010 03:48 PM

^ the problem is it takes over ten minutes to go through all 91 photos. And I was really only interested in seeing 7 of them.

geyser
geyser
7/25/2010 12:18 PM

Pretentious review of a pretentious festival... go figure.

buddhistprodigy
buddhistprodigy
7/25/2010 10:29 PM

Ok...so as always, Chad did amazing work. I was going to read the article, but from the looks of the comments, I will save my time. What is funny is that last week I was reading some fest review (all good??) and somebody had commented in defense of the photog or writer that "these guys don't get paid" or something to that effect. Well...allow me to probably not be the first to say if this comment was true, that is FUCT up. The right side of my screen has an ad for GMC. The top of my screen has some Amstel beer ad. I realize that times may be tough. But to not pay a top tier photographer beyond "hooking him up w/ fest passes" to work his ass off all day covering a festy on a day that was probably hot as hell may just be the last example of indentured servitude in the country outside of penitentiaries. It is no wonder that all of the jam photographers are moving on to the wire sites. The home page looks like garbage and I had basically been stopping by to read people's rants about it. Not anymore. Revoke my account. Buh-bye Jambase.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use