Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

18 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Pitchfork Music Festival 07.16-18 | Chicago
JamBase
JamBase
7/23/2010 12:00 AM

Pitchfork Music Festival 07.16-18 | Chicago
An ultimately worth-it but mixed bag of music invades Union Park. Cal Roach chronicles, Chad Smith gives us the pictures...

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
7/23/2010 09:48 AM

I like the format of the review.

So, I really wanted to see the pictures. After clicking through and getting to picture 23 i just about snapped!!!! throwing my computer on the floor and crapping on it. Then I realized it's not my computers fault. It's the hard headed fools at jambase's fault.

You guys seriously need to start listening to the people who make this website exist, US!

You give us the option to view photos the old way on a few stories, but not all.

again: THE NEW PHOTO VIEWER IS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spaz420
spaz420
7/23/2010 10:18 AM

the reviewer is sadly poorly learned in the area of literature. titus andronicus is the title of one of william shakespeares first novels. to make a statement like he did with no research done shows a lazy writer. otherwise, p4k was a blast and sleigh bells ruled.

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
7/23/2010 11:57 AM

Cal's all wrong and so is the picture viewer...whats happening?

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
7/23/2010 11:59 AM

A bit unfair...Cal's not bad...but the picture view program may run me away from this site.

jazzfester
jazzfester
7/23/2010 02:43 PM

Spaz,

"The Tragedy of Titus Andronicus" is a play that may or may not be the work of Shakespeare. "Novels" did not come out until later.

electronicjams
electronicjams
7/23/2010 06:41 PM

Delorean KILLED IT on Saturday. Fuckin dance party. I had soo much fun at that show. LCD--of course--left me blown away as I walked back to the L.

electronicjams
electronicjams
7/23/2010 06:48 PM

btw, Jambase, your losing me. I've been here for a while, but you guys simply don't get it. I'm probably gonna stick here, but my disappointment in your timeliness and writing will probably lead me elsewhere.

PooDolla
PooDolla
7/23/2010 06:50 PM

Loved the review. I'm really stoked to see JSBX get a little attenion. They are an extremely underrated band.

The reviewer was spot on....the music is great but hipsters just don't know how to party.

electronicjams
electronicjams
7/23/2010 06:51 PM

For the record, the photography is amazing! Keep up the phenomenal work Chad!

21mmer
21mmer
7/23/2010 07:21 PM

jambase.......a music website full of advertising with no content (or extremely sub-par content) is NOT a music website. clearly, you have a "vision" for this new direction you've taken......i'm just not sure that i get it, or really care to get it at this point.

hhhhhhmmmmmm.......there must be some other music sites out there that actually provide interesting and timely show reviews, highlight new/interesting artists, critique albums, etc, etc, etc. anyone have some suggestions for me???

oh yea.....the photo viewer still sucks. but you already know that.

kjobrien07
kjobrien07
7/23/2010 09:15 PM

I've never done this, but this review was so terrible and off base, I wanted to give people another perspective. Obviously, indie isn't Jambase's game, and I normally enjoy JB fest reviews, but I disagree with almost everything said here. I reviewed Pfest on my blog: www.thefootstomp.blogspot.com. If you want a different perspective, check it out.

chux7487
chux7487
7/24/2010 09:28 AM

i wanted to see the pictures of this becasue its a different atmosphere then other festies. i was excited to see raekwon, big boi and major lazer pics especially. TOO BAD THE PICTURE VIEWER SUCKS MY FUCKING DICK ARE YOU SHITTING ME CHANGE IT BACK YOU NERDY TECH BASTARDS.

BadManWalking
BadManWalking
7/24/2010 01:33 PM

Did this reviewer actually even see Titus Andronicus? They have long songs, but to call them mash-up artists is beyond absurd, and while there are plenty of negative adjectives that could legitimately be leveled at them, sarcastic and disingenuous are most certainly not among them. This is a band based almost entirely around aggressive sincerity and earnestness. And what exactly led you to believe that Patrick Stickles' vibrato is fake? That's just an indefensible, nonsensical comment. I've been following Jambase a long time, and I'm never going to take issue with their decision to cover other music, but jesus, try getting some halfway competent writers.

deceasedlavy
deceasedlavy
7/24/2010 03:06 PM

Wow, Chad, you even got Skerrit Bwoy and his concubine in mid flight! Amazing work as always. I've seen so many bitchy comments about the picture viewer and I have yet to figure out what the problem is. Thanks for reading, Titus Andronicus fans!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use