Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

13 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Virgin Mobile FreeFest: Pavement, LCD, M.I.A.
JamBase
JamBase
7/20/2010 12:00 AM

Virgin Mobile FreeFest: Pavement, LCD, M.I.A.

rastarusty
rastarusty
7/20/2010 11:54 AM

I would maybe go to this. Especially when I've somehow failed to ever see theivery and some other bands on there. Mostly on lack of going near bisco.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
7/20/2010 12:41 PM

Gotta say, this is really cool of Mr. Branson.

danimal2
danimal2
7/20/2010 01:14 PM

I miss the two day event at pimlico race track, think i might check this one out since its about a 15 min drive.. gonna be some short sets tho

toeknee420
toeknee420
7/20/2010 02:37 PM

I don't care if they are giving out free cash. I'll never go back to that venue after seeing the nazi shitbag fuzz all over during the Phish lot. I know it's Phish, but come on man. That shit was traumatic

toeknee420
toeknee420
7/20/2010 02:37 PM

I don't care if they are giving out free cash. I'll never go back to that venue after seeing the nazi shitbag fuzz all over during the Phish lot. I know it's Phish, but come on man. That shit was traumatic

rastarusty
rastarusty
7/20/2010 02:57 PM

^ Was it really that bad? I know a lot of the shows i went to were all hyped up to be insanely sketch. They were stopping cars going into the park at spac and searching for booze. In albany last year they had one of those lifts to eye over shakedown and cops in the parking garage looking down, cops walking shakedown here and there, still didn't have any problems. If you weren't crazy reckless or running a tank you were fine. ANd that was concentrated in the city with no shortage of cops to be able to hang out.

what went down that was so bad. Any articles or a pt thread on this?

chux7487
chux7487
7/20/2010 04:56 PM

damn look at last years lineup of Weezer and Dash Board Confessional compared to this... may i say a step in the wrong direction.. no wait thats not what i meant at all i meant the complete opposite of that. M.I.A. is one of the best live shows ive ever seen and ive been itching to see her again for 2 years. Theivery Corp is fucking sick and boom thats crunk as shit. Ludacris and TI.. yes please! how much is it? oh shit yes its free. im going, watch out for the 5-0 at this venue though.

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
7/20/2010 09:48 PM

Even if the lineup sucked it's hard to bitch about free. And the lineup doesn't suck, I'd be there for sure if I was anywhere near there.

LaxGoalie2323
LaxGoalie2323
7/22/2010 09:57 AM

The line-up is eclectic and FREE, great combo. Merriweather is a nice venue and usually chill however I could see how its image has taken a bit of a beating because of the excessive amount of police and the helicopters flying over during Phish like there's a manhunt going on or something. But it should resume a more relaxed environment for Virgin.

toeknee420
toeknee420
7/23/2010 08:55 PM

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-06-28/news/bs-md-ho-phish-concert-arrests-20100628_1_phish-concerts-possession-arrested

Check out the pic of the fuzz on carts. they were on horseback, foot, cart, helicopter, submarine, yak, penquin, sled, paraglider, wheelchair and skateboard

chux7487
chux7487
7/24/2010 07:54 AM

.... if only the ticket link wasnt kinda broken (for me at least)

JamesFanscape
JamesFanscape
9/21/2010 02:11 PM

"damn look at last years lineup of Weezer and Dash Board Confessional compared to this... may i say a step in the wrong direction.. no wait thats not what i meant at all i meant the complete opposite of that."

lol, man, I was about to post one of the angriest responses ever until I got to the "No wait" part :) Seriously, this lineup is just out of pocket crazy - I mean, Pavement AND MIA AND LCD Soundsystem AND Joan Jett? And for free? Hell yeah! I just hope I can sneak away from work long enough to catch everyone I want to see; I'm helping out with State Farm's Club 17K tent most of the day (though I made them swear up and down that they'd give me a window to go see Pavement).

Speaking of which, make sure to swing by Club 17K if you got tickets! Basically, State Farm is setting up a special section at the show for concertgoers to chill out, enjoy chair massages, enter to win awesome prizes, and more! Club 17K is open to everyone at the show, so look for the red carpet and come on in! Again, I'm working with State Farm on this, so if you have any questions about Club 17K, just ask!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use