Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

32 Total Messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1 2 3 Next » 
All Good | 07.08-07.11 | West Virginia
JamBase
JamBase
7/14/2010 05:00 PM

All Good | 07.08-07.11 | West Virginia
An unofficial Grateful Dead theme marks the 14th annual gathering at Marvin's Mountaintop...

slipdisc
slipdisc
7/14/2010 10:49 PM

I like how the one picture of Grace Potter is an attempted up-skirt. haha

SchwillyRusty
SchwillyRusty
7/14/2010 10:57 PM

ummmmm.....pretty lame article for how great of a weekend this was musically. I know this is out pretty quick after the weekend but tell the fine folks about some of the shows. Traveled from CO for this and it was well worth it. Some of the highlights not talked about were Femi Kuti (dance til you drop in the sun), New Mastersounds (most impressive show of the weekend), RRE(always fun), Lotus completely tearing up the late night set, and the list goes on. Great music all weekend, OK vibes but a summer party for sure. If you didn't go this year go next before the sherriffs role in and more large sponsors.

in short- the weekned was ALL GOOD!

KSTS9
KSTS9
7/15/2010 05:26 AM

I agree, weak ass pics too, nothing of the crowd, stage or lights, nothing to get a feel for the fesitval itself totally rushed.

dylanfan388
dylanfan388
7/15/2010 05:48 AM

Yea went for the fourth year and def. a rushed article. I know how people bitch here about not getting reviews out quick but this one was rather rushed. I mean it seems like you weren't even up for late night past Furthur. Pics of Lotus late night and such would have been clutch with the new LED screens and lazer show this year. Nectar and Lotus stole Friday from Furthur and GAT and Yonder held down Sat. hardcore. Not to mention the improvements in in security for what its worth (better in my opinion wasn't all hood this year). Props have to go to Tim Walthers for being able to handle the influx of people this year in a responsible manner. See ya'll on the mountaintop next year!

thieveried
thieveried
7/15/2010 06:31 AM

panics lights were absolutely horrible. they constantly shined in my eyes the entire show, not to mention they barely played more than 2 hours. i was definitely disappointed in their performance.

yonder was straight dirty, lots of fun. furthur was monumental, the setlist couldn't have spoke to me much more. bassnectar was meh... and we got their late friday just before furthur so i only watched about half of lotus because i was so tired, but what i heard was good(i just saw them a month ago)

other highlights i thoroughly enjoyed were rebelution, derek and susan and the new mastersounds.

didn't hear a single nitrous tank the whole weekend which was absolutely amazing.

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
7/15/2010 06:46 AM

Pictures are cool, love all the "faces of All Good".

johnzara
johnzara
7/15/2010 06:49 AM

This article is a travesty. Barely a mention of Saturday's headliner. WP's set, which by me hazing memory, was pretty f'n good if not only because of the launch of hundreds of lanterns just after set break. Nice close ups shots, but these don't do the festival atmosphere much justice.

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
7/15/2010 06:57 AM

Thanks for at least reviewing this. I was honestly wondering if it would even happen the way reviews have been lately. ALso thanks for fixing this photo viewer!

FroDaddyJR
FroDaddyJR
7/15/2010 07:08 AM

Advice, go day by day and talk about everything. So much was left out of what was the best all good ever. I say take this down and try again...and to whoever said Panic played barely over 2 hours, 2.6 isnt barely. Ill take a 20 min set break over the hour that furthur left everyone with no music. And Furthur had the slowest set of any all weekend. Would have been epic if they played the songs to the quality the setlist was.

dinophoto
dinophoto
7/15/2010 07:13 AM

nice job Jeffrey!

Barefootpro
Barefootpro
7/15/2010 07:23 AM

For more pics of people, festival grounds, etc, please visit:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2701940&id=23427191&l=1417d8a3b5

Best,

~Jeffrey Dupuis

SchwillyRusty
SchwillyRusty
7/15/2010 07:28 AM

PS- bassnectar, boring and not very talented in my opinion. I had never seen nor heard, but i wanted to run away after the first 10 minutes. BAAAAAAWWWWWWW over and over is not musically appealing. And I thought Furthur first set was pretty boring and the 65 minute set break was a little much.

mesaxi
mesaxi
7/15/2010 08:27 AM

Not a word or picture about Fishbone.

Disgraceful.

mythmunky
mythmunky
7/15/2010 08:56 AM

Yeah, alot of awesome bands weren't mentioned here. I like the article though. My absolute favourites from the weekend are: Papadosio (seriously check them out! amazing!), Pimps of Joytime, The Macpodz, Garage a Trois (easily the best thing I saw all weekend), Femi Kuti, The Lee Boys w/ Travellin Mcourys, Everyone Orchestra, and Cornmeal. That's not to say everything else wasn't freakin amazing too. All good really lived up to the name, that's fo sho!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use