Las Tortugas V: ALO, Hips Cornmeal, TLG, HBR, 7 Walkers
JamBase
JamBase
7/14/2010 12:00 AM

Las Tortugas V: ALO, Hips Cornmeal, TLG, HBR, 7 Walkers

androckguitar
androckguitar
7/14/2010 11:49 AM

Sick! AlO, 7 Walkers, Tea Leaf, New Monsoon...such an amazing intimate festival. Looking forward to coming again this year

PrimusLick
PrimusLick
7/14/2010 11:57 AM

last year was awesome! lookin like another go around this year!

dbg465285
dbg465285
7/14/2010 12:09 PM

Cornmeal, Montana slim, New monsoon Can't wait!!

dbg465285
dbg465285
7/14/2010 12:10 PM

Lets get some Nathan Moore on there also.

welfpack
welfpack
7/14/2010 12:25 PM

I just thought "Where is BTS?"..i go to their website and i find out that they broke up...too bad they were a lot of fun.

mesaxi
mesaxi
7/14/2010 01:05 PM

is it me or is this the same exact lineup as last year?

rkheath1
rkheath1
7/14/2010 01:17 PM

It typically is the same lineup each year. They will throw in another headliner to keep in fresh.

hotbot
hotbot
7/14/2010 06:06 PM

yeah, same line up each year. it was fun once, not sure about again though.

gratefulkyd
gratefulkyd
7/14/2010 06:44 PM

This is one of the greatest, kindest, most intimate festivals. The setting, the crowd, the music is amazing. It has a similar lineup as last year and previous years but it is always different. 7 walkers last year played for hours! It got to the point where I couldn't make it any longer and had to go lay down. If you go to this festival you are in for a treat. Don't miss out!

moephishH2O
moephishH2O
7/15/2010 11:31 AM

Went to Dance of the Dead 2 and it was one of the best, most intimate festivals I've ever been to. Solid lineup this year! We just need to add some Funk (New Mastersounds, Soulive, or Dumpstaphunk will do!)

ericgorsuch
ericgorsuch
7/15/2010 10:19 PM

Does seem strange w/o Blue Turtle, but this lineup is incredible. Not a weak link in the bunch. It really is an incredible festival site on the doorstep of Yosemite, easy access to everything. Hope I can make it.

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
7/20/2010 12:22 PM

In addition to this line up, just announced is

JAY SEALS & THE HYDRODYNAMICS

which is the former front mind of BLUE TURTLE SEDUCTION.

This is his new project, and the tiny bit I did hear sounded fuggin AWESOME! I'm a huge huge fan of his so this really made this years line up just SOLID!

And also back on the line up is IZABELLA, another famed Tortugas band "it just aint Torts without em!"

Which is definitely one of the Spirits of Las Tortugas. All of these bands desperately need a west coast home like this one, and very few west coast festivals provide a home for them at this special level. High Sierra can't book everyone every year, so I honor Tortugas for giving so many west coast strong point bands a place to call their own.

I too love a rotating line up and lots of represented genres and new talent to my ears, but I also love the tradition that Tortugas is seeming to carve in stone. So I go to High Sierra to get the fresh roster and then some, and then I hit up Tortugas to celebrate these bands and how much they have brought to the LIVE MUSIC community out west. In an area overtaken by electronic music and DJ's, (which I am surely not against, just sayin) Tortugas is a MAGIC HUB for WEST COAST JAM and FRIENDS.

I am BEYOND elated to return. I'm even skipping for the very first time, Railroad Earth in San Fransicso and Hardly Strictly Bluegrass to save duckets and energy for the Torts. OUCH, but not really. Yosemite Sam must ride again! VIVA TORTUGAS!!!

ronpaul
ronpaul
9/8/2010 07:15 AM

7 walkers put me to sleep at Wakarusa. Enough already!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use