Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

30 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Furthur Cancels 7/5 Vermont Show
TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
6/25/2010 03:44 PM

The 94 & 95 Highgate shows were pretty out of hand, both traffic and crowd-wise, but at least it was out in the country. The Shelburne show is more in the middle of things and that town is not equipped to handle the masses. Everyone involved really should've thought all this through beforehand... I know I thought about it.

At any rate, I got my Sherman Theatre tix this morning, yay. :)

I'm doing Penn's Peak next Tues too... can hardly wait! :)

--Vik

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
6/25/2010 05:04 PM

Not sure how much stock I'm taking in that appraisal of the arrests, but if even half of it is true then furthurfest was a mighty big fuck-a-roe. I heard about the batches of bad acid going around, could it be they actually made it to the fest? that's some crazy shit for real.

edelson
edelson
6/25/2010 06:37 PM

This cancelation is really really lame. Despite the bands announcement, this was not the work of "state and local authorities", the venue, Shelburne Museum, pulled the plug. This show was announced months ago, if they were afraid of what might happen, they've had a long time to deal with it before now.

jimmyjetski
jimmyjetski
6/25/2010 10:23 PM

I've been a further doubter... left Cornell show this spring yawning. Tonight was something different... the real deal in rochester NY. The band was truly that ( a band ). Bobby did not try to be the conductor, and they were just flowing all night. Joe Russo was on fire without the percusionist there, Jeff great, and John while having " the tone" was definitely being himself. The jams and improvs between songs were always what made the Dead great, and they had it tonight.

Just heard about Vermont, which is lame. This tour is picking up speed. Take it from a doubter, get your tix while you can.

WidespreadPhanic
WidespreadPhanic
6/26/2010 10:38 AM

That was the biggest bullshit police report I've ever read. Someone cut their throat open and was trying to pry it open?

That just didn't happen.

mattchu
mattchu
6/26/2010 01:47 PM

some of yalls are pathetic...seriously keep getting your info on all this music and scene you claim to love so much from internet machine robots. Certainly not to everyone on here posting, but some of you come off as really, really lame. Enjoy the show i guess tho, just wear your "i dont have extras and only socialize with my boys" shirt so we stop askin (-:

mattchu
mattchu
6/26/2010 01:59 PM

and rochester last night was incredible! Super intense in the second set, the Time>death no mercry>wheel was somethin else - super deep. the vocals where very pleasent on bid goodnight and attics. All around just another wonderful experience. The highland bowl is a fantastic venue to, really nice to be surrounded and emersed in trees and wooded areas, See yalls on the road~!

ps one more thing - they shoulda worked on gettin a big, or at least outdoor, cuz nationals will just be winding down and plenty of heads hangin pa

silent_J
silent_J
6/27/2010 09:51 AM

From the police report: "The resulting arrests caused the early release of local inmates serving time. There was 481 days unserved time due to these early releases." What messed up prison system really lets that happen?

ryan420
ryan420
6/27/2010 01:55 PM

By Fate, I was checking my eamil at 12 noon on Fri, saw the email sent by GDTSTOO, and SCORED 2 tickets to the new Pa show! Hell yes!!!!

rastarusty
rastarusty
6/27/2010 02:41 PM

I was wondering if jambase was ever going to post this.

As far as further fest. I dodn't believe everything I read. But like some said, If even some of that is true it sound's a little out of hand. People robbing stores in stolen vans trying to get there. And this one

"Inside the fairgrounds a mother had overdosed on controlled substances while her 3 year old child was attached to her with a leash type device."

but stuff can go down anywhere. Still pumped as hell for the tour.That really was going to be one of the better of best shows of the summer too.

rastarusty
rastarusty
6/27/2010 02:45 PM

"in addition the Sheriff Office was particularly concerned as there was a large amount of drug laced food being illegally sold in the camping areas where children were present"

Yeah drug laced food is everywhere. Watch out for those veggie burritos. By second set you'll be naked hanging from the light rig

danthestanman
danthestanman
6/28/2010 07:49 AM

Just to add my experience at futhur fest, where I was camping the people were great, no wooks, everything was clean and a great experience for everyone involved. I thought it was an awesome fest and one of the best I've attended in my decade plus of festivals. Although I only toured shakedown once or twice in the afternoon, I didn't see any of the things the police report mentions, though that shit is pretty outrageous.

Danimal
Danimal
6/28/2010 08:19 AM

I don't understand why they are playing all these small venues like Sherman Theatre and Penn's Peak. Not that it wouldn't be awesome to see them there, but it's fucking summertime. They should be playing bigger outdoor venues.

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
6/28/2010 09:34 AM

Just a side note: I've been told that the city of Stroudsburg has gone on record as saying they're fine with the ticketless coming to town, because plenty of local businesses want their business. With the Sherman Theatre being an indoor venue, you can't hear shit outside, so they figure people will venture into bars/restaurants.

Another note: At Penn's Peak, you will NOT get into the parking lot without a ticket, and Roadies restaurant is only open to ticketholders.

--Vik

RealxGuy
RealxGuy
7/2/2010 10:00 AM

one man gathers what another man spills

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use