Furthur Cancels 7/5 Vermont Show
JamBase
JamBase
6/25/2010 12:00 AM

Furthur Cancels 7/5 Vermont Show

Jazzzzz
Jazzzzz
6/25/2010 10:14 AM

The "Wook" factor following this tour appears out of hand. In fact, most festivals this year seems to have a sad human element of following that didn't used to be "as" abundant at festivals these last years.

Perhaps a sign of the time? IMO.

phishr82
phishr82
6/25/2010 10:31 AM

well that sucks! saying a handful of people ruining it for everyone is an understatement, because it's actually a lot of people ruining it for everyone else. But, it's a deeply entrenched aspect of the scene to show up without a ticket and score your miracle or whatever. Not saying I haven't done it, but it's still a huge problem for the scene. The gained revenue just isn't worth the logistical nightmare for some of these cities and towns.

vvalente
vvalente
6/25/2010 10:31 AM

This was going to be the best show of the summer. Why not just let cars in who have tickets into the S Farm?! The crowd is no different than years before. Jazzz simply surround yourself w/ ur friends and disassociate urself with the strangers maybe. We can let lame people ruin music we wait all season to hear, experience and enjoy, agree?

JeffRad
JeffRad
6/25/2010 10:38 AM

Wooks:

Furthur is a great band, they even have a Jerry dude and if you do enough drugs, you will think it is really him.

Please don’t come back to Phish shows, things are great without you.

Custies

ivan1
ivan1
6/25/2010 11:05 AM

so, how can the wook factor of a tour that hasnt started yet already be causing cancellations. I mean, I understand what happened at furthur fest, but this tour has not started yet. Is the northeast really that dirty that its just a given. Dead music in the summer = wooks?

grumpin
grumpin
6/25/2010 11:08 AM

The Sherman Theater is gonna be a SICK place to see Further. The theater is tiny. Sux for the Vermonters, but Pa. just scored a great show.

phishr82
phishr82
6/25/2010 11:17 AM

I think the memories of Highgate 95 are still strong up there. I wasn't there, but I've heard stories about the gates getting ripped down, port-a-potties getting knocked over, nitrous tanks were everywhere, dogs running loose, etc etc etc. So that was the lasting impression on the state of VT left by some shitty fans

dnunz52
dnunz52
6/25/2010 11:21 AM

What happened at furthur fest?

jamboe
jamboe
6/25/2010 11:28 AM

Highgate '95 was awesome.

phour20365
phour20365
6/25/2010 11:45 AM

Maybe this is why this show was cancelled....http://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/574653-further-fest-2010-arrest-report.html

phishr82
phishr82
6/25/2010 11:49 AM

wowsa, between the guy who ripped out his own throat and the woman who OD'ed with her kid leashed to her...damn!

brendan3
brendan3
6/25/2010 01:07 PM

Boo VT. the sherman is an amazing theater, have a blast folks.

desert_drifter
desert_drifter
6/25/2010 02:18 PM

i just read the furtherfest police report. while i'm sure somethings got out of hand, please keep in mind that this "police report" is summerized, biased, and one-sided. this quote proves that this is a political statement by the conservative foothills police:

"Contrary to reports of the attendees being peaceful baby boomers from the 60s and 70s only using marijuana the sheriff s office came into contact with numerous, violent young adults under the influence of strong drugs with psychotic and aggressive behavior expressing an anti -government sentiment similar to those subjects who protest G-8 Summits and other anarchist movements. Several people including concert goers apologized to local law enforcement as they were able to witness the violent reactions and behavior of some of the festival attendees."

sound like the cop who wrote this had something to prove....

that said, the wooks to get out of control and i am not endorsing their behavior, i'm just saying this report sounds like it has a hefty does of bullshit added...

gotti3
gotti3
6/25/2010 03:18 PM

i was at furthur fest and I am so tired of hearing how out of hand it was. I thought for the most part the fest was clean and friendly. There was a shakedown that was pretty nasty but you didn't have to go there. Phish scene in camden in 2000 20003 was way more dirty. Phish IT fest way more out of hand. Don't believe the propoganda

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use