Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

7 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Goose On The Lake | 06.04-06.05 | Kentucky
JamBase
JamBase
6/21/2010 12:00 AM

Goose On The Lake | 06.04-06.05 | Kentucky
Centered around one of country rock's unsung pioneers, Goose Creek Symphony, this intimate fest was perfection…

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
6/22/2010 08:37 AM

Feel like I was there after reading this. Your genuine excitement to see the band for the first time really comes through in the writing. Excellent work Dennis!

Hollowdweller
Hollowdweller
6/23/2010 01:27 PM

Interesting to me is that you don't see Goose Creek playing many jam band festivals, especially considering what type of music they DO play.

I was only peripherally aware of them from CD's and when they used to play them on the radio in the 70's.

A few "year" back they played a gig at Cox's Field in Parkersburg WV and I went.

They totally blew me away with their musicianship and the band can totally jam. Was one of the best outdoor shows I ever saw and they are mostly older guys but gave 100% every bit as good as they were 30 years ago.

I really wish they'd get booked to some jam festival or maybe Delfest or something because there's a whole lot of people who never heard them that would love them!

mbridges
mbridges
6/24/2010 09:34 AM

definitely get overlooked.what a great little band!!

comradk
comradk
6/24/2010 11:05 AM

someone's gotta get Gleason out on the Jam festivals - he always tears it up and gets people movin

jamesdinct
jamesdinct
12/15/2010 10:51 AM

nice review. sounds like you had an amazing time. i am not really familiar with any of these artists but would now love to catch any and all of them some day.stumbled on the review when doing a lil research on wanda j.

brollings
brollings
3/12/2011 10:40 PM

Just wanted to make everyone aware that GOTL 16 for 2011 is now official for the first weekend in June. It has been posted on the website. Please spread the word far and wide. Naturally, Goose Creek is the headliner for both nights and opening acts are to be announced soon. I put in a bid for Savoy Brown, the historic, British Blues Rock Band. They are available and anxious to hit the stage at the lake. Better than ever, according to recent reviews.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use