Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

10 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Lightning in a Bottle | 05.28-05.30 | Irvine
JamBase
JamBase
6/12/2010 12:10 AM

Lightning in a Bottle | 05.28-05.30 | Irvine
In its 9th year, Lightning in a Bottle came to Oak Canyon Ranch in SoCal for three days of Burners, Twirlers and Dancers.

rdawson124
rdawson124
6/12/2010 08:34 AM

Great review, very in depth. Alot the artists at this festival and ones that were reviewed are some of my favorites right now. Glad you shed some light on Emancipator, def my favorite beat maker as of now, mashing sigur ros and mobb deep! sounds wild. Oh and its about time somebody pointed out how lame EOTO is, they are the most generic electronic music i've ever heard, its really god awful over wompy, shitty dubstep. They really would not be popular if they had not been in SCI, you know thats true.

geyser
geyser
6/12/2010 09:35 AM

Sounds like an awesome show! Excellent review.

Is The Glitch Mob still throwing off that frat party wannabe vibe? Any time I've seen them live I feel like I should be sporting a popped collar and a red cup. I can assuredly say that Glitch Mob was the biggest disappointment for me at Rothbury 09. Oh well, you can't win 'em all....

hotbot
hotbot
6/12/2010 04:31 PM

eliot lipps set at LIB was one of the best i have seen from him. his beats are so fresh and his mixing and cutting is getting so tight.

JoshDMB61
JoshDMB61
6/13/2010 10:04 AM

Check this video of Lipp demonstrating his OHM64 MIDI controller...pretty cool if you're into that sorta thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7po0SafkcNM

Most bad ass midi-controller I've seen..

JasonLDecker
JasonLDecker
6/13/2010 03:38 PM

Hands down the best put on festival I have been too. There had to be 10 plus stages on top of the 3 large stages. Beats were coming from every direction and they were all good. Super chill to smoke where ever you want & nobody cares if you bring your own drinks. If you do want to purchase one, a $5 Fat Tire is a bomb price for a festival. More art than I have ever seen in my life. They dont build stages, they build pieces of art that you can play music on. Everywhere you go there is something new to check out, play with or look at. The Do Lab is absolutely brilliant. Every single person I talked to said it was the best festival that they have ever been too. A truly special place was created for a weekend. It was simply beautiful in every way. LIB I love you!

struby420
struby420
6/13/2010 04:43 PM

The reviewer's tastes are a little biased. Nosaj Thing is not the shit. Seen him open for STS9 a few times, and you know, I was put to sleep. And raggin on EOTO? Good reviewer jambase. Where's the Wakarusa review? 18,000 showed up for that, and it can't get a single article. Awesome.

a91585
a91585
6/15/2010 09:17 AM

lol @ the do lab. this festival would of been SO much better if Symbiosis Events had a bigger hand in it. Best festival EVER?!? guess you were not a part of The Symbiosis Gathering 09 in Yosemite. this fest left a bad taste in my mouth for the Do Lab

Long Live symbiosis events!

http://vimeo.com/10452350

driftinimpulse
driftinimpulse
6/15/2010 09:57 AM

what about adam freeland??? never seen him but would love to .....how was his set??

JingoBa
JingoBa
6/21/2010 11:07 AM

This festival was amazing. The Best? well, thats subjective, but a great, well-organized festival with plenty of eye and ear candy is for sure!... Sunday was the best, Dj Papa Chango got it started in the day time and emancipator carried the energy. Then MiMosa blew it open for the Glitch Mob. I'll be back again!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use