Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

6 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Paul Weller: No Tears To Cry
JamBase
JamBase
6/10/2010 12:00 AM

Paul Weller: No Tears To Cry
The man behind The Jam and an amazing 20 year solo career discusses the joy of playing live, his fab new album, Macca, being a guitar hero and moreā€¦

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
6/11/2010 10:25 AM

The Jam was real legit stuff

tractorboy
tractorboy
6/11/2010 02:11 PM

"You're the Best Thing" by the Style Council is one of the most beautiful songs ever. Kudos to Jambase for profiling one of the true greats.

prinado
prinado
6/13/2010 02:00 PM

Very cool to see Paul Weller interviewed by Jambase; kudos to Mr. Cook for a compelling, insightful conversation.

As an 80s-era high schooler (right out of Hot Tub Time Machine), The Jam fueled my early teen angst, Style Council ushered in the era of awkward romances, and Paul Weller's solo career has been a soundtrack to personal growth, challenges and change. Weller still has much to say through his music, and his compositions just get richer with age.

IPowrie
IPowrie
6/14/2010 04:28 PM

Based on this interview it seems I need to check out the Jam and Paul Wellers solo career

secondbreakfast
secondbreakfast
8/14/2010 10:39 AM

i've seen Weller 20+ times, in the States mostly. I love the fact that he is perhaps had the most prolific and vital career in rock and roll - always charging further and head long into the future for so freaking long. And I always get to see him in small venues because no one here is hip to him. Sucks for you. Great for me. I remember going to the 22 Dreams tour at the Fillmore having not heard a single track on the new album. I was standing there before the lights went down thinking: "ok...he's finally going to rest on his laurels, tour the hits, and the new album is just a vehichle to get on the road to do just that." Lights go down, Weller comes out, blows the roof off the place with the new stuff, my mind is blown, he closes the show to "All You Need is Love" with the house lights on, the well lubricated sold out Fillmore crowd swaying as one and singing at the top of their lungs, and I walk out with poster in hand shaking my head and scratching my chin. It's a rare thing indeed when your nands down, all time musical idols can blow your mind with new music 30 years on in his career. Can you name another? I can't. P.S. I was lucky enough to have a drink with him about 10 years ago. Lucky chance? Maybe.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use