My Morning Jacket To Play Full Albums in NYC in Oct
music_man86
music_man86
6/10/2010 07:04 AM

This would be amazing to see.

brendan3
brendan3
6/10/2010 07:52 AM

maybe for their next "historic" run of shows they could come up with their own idea? come back ratdog, please come back.

jimmyjetski
jimmyjetski
6/10/2010 08:30 AM

I am very eager to know more about the sound at Terminal 5 from anyone. Is it really that bad? I don't want to drive 6 hours or fly in and burn up the vacation time for bad sounding shows.

I love me some MMJ, but am getting tired of the whole album thing. The Wall, Eagles, Furthur, Judas Priest Snoop Dog: everyone is doing it. Ditto on the rather have a 5 night run of mixed shows at RCMH, Noikia, Beacon, etc

fsmid16
fsmid16
6/10/2010 12:24 PM

I don't like the idea of playing an album. I'm a fan of MMJ, but for one there isn't much improv in their shows (which is fine and good, the preciseness and mastery of their songs is what sets them apart) and that could make for a pretty standard show when you know everything that is going to be played. Sure it will ferociously rock, but it just seems boring and unimaginative to me. Not really thinking too far outside the box here.

AintNoFreedom
AintNoFreedom
6/10/2010 02:34 PM

Tennessee Fire Show is bound to be something special... Hell all of 'em are. Too bad I can't make it to any of these.

Here's to betting they blow Tom Petty out of the water when they open for him this summer.

claypool83
claypool83
9/8/2010 01:57 PM

FUCK LA FUCK NYC.......MMJ are u guys forgetting where u came from? Why don't u do this in your OLD KY HOME! I really can't believe that u would pull this in a place 12+ hours away from where u started it all! Oh well I'm just pissed I don't have the vacation time or $$$$ to do this! I Love me some MMJ but seriosuly u guys really need to do a Kentucky run.....the whole state loves u guys so show some back!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use