Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

7 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Tom Petty: Something Good Coming
JamBase
JamBase
6/8/2010 12:00 AM

Tom Petty: Something Good Coming
Today we kick off a new column called JamBase Rewind in which we-present some of the many wonderful articles we've posted over the years with Dennis Cook's 2010 feature on Tom Petty.

bruff76
bruff76
6/9/2010 07:24 AM

I've dug the new one "Last time you're gonna hurt me" since I saw it on SNL. Mike Campbell fuckin' rocked that song. He has a Jimmy Page feel to him now. Anyone else get that?

bruff76
bruff76
6/9/2010 07:26 AM

I guess it's called "I should have know it". So I'll correct myself before I get lambasted for it.

gregboyer
gregboyer
6/9/2010 08:46 AM

You can stream the new album now on espn.com. Very strange place to find new music but its there (click on "The Life" on their homepage). I think it's the best one since Wildflowers. Mike's guitar is more dominant than in the past and some of the songs are really strong. I'm looking forward to the Cincinnati show.

Putnameter
Putnameter
6/9/2010 09:52 AM

thanks for the stream link! This album is freakin awesome. I used to work in a studio in Richmond, VA - Sound of Music, we would jam out to wildflowers while getting our own sessions ready. Tom's albums are extreme high quality perfection- from a studio engineer stand-point. Not myself, but the engineer I worked for. I bet Tom's studio is fuckin unreal.

toestothenose
toestothenose
6/9/2010 11:26 AM

Triple thanks for the album stream! What a sweet little article Cook - huge thanks for coving Tom Petty.

Tpetty
Tpetty
6/9/2010 06:07 PM

Great Article. Im looking forward to picking up the new album asap!

And I hope Tom is genuine when he says he will play some new stuff/deep cuts at the shows this summer. While I love the hits and mainstream stuff, I can only hear "American Girl" so many times before it gets boring....Actually, American Girl will never get boring, nevermind. But still, change up the setlists please!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use