Los Lobos Cancel Arizona Performance
JamBase
JamBase
6/3/2010 03:51 PM

Los Lobos Cancel Arizona Performance

JingoBa
JingoBa
6/3/2010 04:46 PM

Woohoo!.. I appluad these guys for standing up for justice instead of just turning a head and stashing the money! :)

ivan1
ivan1
6/3/2010 04:50 PM

yes, SB 1070 is yet another human rights violation by the state of Arizona. way to stand up for whats right.

Cola21
Cola21
6/3/2010 05:44 PM

This is inconjunction with The Sound Strike, an artists boycott organized by Zach de la Rocha of Rage Against the Machine. The website is www.thesoundstrike.net

It's a relieving and refreshing reminder that there are artists out there who care enough NOT to play rather than just hold one more benefit concert. In this day and age, absence of something sometimes carries more weight, what with everything always at our finger tips.

funkle
funkle
6/3/2010 06:16 PM

Too bad Los Lobos feels this way. Unfortunately their boycott is misguided. Regardless if the law is just or unjust, boycotting AZ, who do you think will be the first people affected? People in the hospitality industry maybe? Waiters, groundskeepers, housekeepers.....so in affect the boycott is going to hurt many people who are here working illegally, that are scared to death as it is. They will now also have their income taken away from them, leaving them scared and hungry.

Concerned citiczen.

mulelouisville
mulelouisville
6/3/2010 06:42 PM

I am boycotting their live performances in my area, and I also will spread my view points to others. They are forcing fans to miss a great night of music over their view point. This speaks volumes of their character.

"yes, SB 1070 is yet another human rights violation by the state of Arizona. way to stand up for what's right."

What is right is for illegals to follow the rules. You are painting the criminals as victims. The victims is the state of Arizona and other boarder states. It is amazing to hear Americans stand up for foreign criminals. If Arizona wants to protect their self through laws, good for them. I hope more states take the same approach.

electronicjams
electronicjams
6/3/2010 06:58 PM

oh no! Los Lobos will never go to Arizona again! Too bad, so sad.

mulelouisville
mulelouisville
6/3/2010 07:00 PM

Why is there millions of Americans out of jobs and you have hoards of illegal immigrants working in this country. How did we every get to the point of not looking out after each other. This country is headed down hill. The new generation has become too globalized and out of touch with reality.

larryb2815
larryb2815
6/3/2010 07:38 PM

just another misguided knee jerk liberal reaction.the only people that a boycott affects are the average person trying to make a living.just another group of self important rich people dumping on the average folk

wagsincarolina
wagsincarolina
6/3/2010 08:23 PM

nice job way to stand up against a crap law.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
6/3/2010 08:24 PM

Let me see if I have this correct...

-IF YOU CROSS THE MEXICAN BORDER YOU PAY A FINE AND ARE DEPORTED, THE SECOND TIME YOU ARE JAILED FOR UP TO 10 YEARS.

-IF YOU CROSS THE FRENCH BORDER YOU ARE FINED,JAILED AND THEN DEPORTED.

-IF YOU ENTER ENGLAND ILLEGALLY YOU ARE FINED 10,000 AND DEPORTED

-IF YOU ENTER ITALY ILLEGALLY YOU ARE FINED 13000 EURO AND DEPORTED

- IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

- IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

- IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

- IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

- IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

- IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

- IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

- IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET................................

1 - A JOB,

2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE,

3 - SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,

4 - WELFARE,

5 - FOOD STAMPS,

6 - CREDIT CARDS,

7 - SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,

8 - FREE EDUCATION,

9 - FREE HEALTH CARE,

10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON,

11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE,

12 - AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT.

I must show ID when:

1 . Making purchases on my department store credit card.

2 When I show up for a doctor's appointment.

3 . When filling out a credit card or loan application.

4 . When applying for/renewing a driver's license or passport.

5 When applying for any kind of insurance.

6 . When filling out college applications.

7 When donating blood.

8 . When obtaining certain prescription drugs.

9 . When making some debit purchases, especially if I'm out of state.

10 . When collecting a boarding pass for airline or train travel.

11 . When cashing a check.

I'm sure there are more instances but the point is, we citizens are required to prove who we are nearly every day. Why should people illegally in this country be exempt? For that matter, perhaps AL SHARPTON can answer the question as to why we shouldn't guard our borders as closely as every other country in the world does?

GO ARIZONA!!!!

DirtyRice
DirtyRice
6/3/2010 08:46 PM

Cypress Hill canceled their recent Tucson show over this shit too. They probably need that gig money but they stand up to the man or whatever. If I were Cypress Hill or Los Lobos rather than cancel the show I would have performed the entire show in Spanish! That would be a "protest" of sorts and you still get the revenue..

Public Enemy opened for U2 back in the day and when they came to play Sun Devil stadium Public Enemy only played one song "By the time I get to Arizona" in protest of the state not honoring MLK day. That was my first concert!

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
6/3/2010 09:04 PM

I immediately regretted posting my political beliefs here on jambase. This is not the place. I wish we could delete and edit our posts.

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
6/3/2010 09:37 PM

I see both sides, living in this desert sucks balls as it is, but now with these jackholes now coming up with this "Boycott AZ" bullshit, it's just plain annoying. You're musicians, it's not like boycotting AZ will get our government officials to change their minds, honestly, it's a poor move, cause what about the fans, it's not like we are all for this new law, so thanks for leaving us to fend for ourselves and not give us any entertainment by abandoning us when we need it most, not that I was going to see Los Lobos anyway, but still

Just another excuse for why AZ doesn't get any Concert-Love

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
6/3/2010 10:10 PM

Do you want to roof a house? No. Then STFU, because neither do I.

Good for LL, fuck this law. Arizona sucks anyways. Before you rag on me please understand that we have a winter home there...

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use