Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

12 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Stanton Moore Trio | 05.06 | Los Angeles
JamBase
JamBase
5/24/2010 12:00 AM

Stanton Moore Trio | 05.06 | Los Angeles
The Stanton Moore Trio with special guest Anders Osborne begin their tour at The Mint in Los Angeles...

PrimusLick
PrimusLick
5/24/2010 02:25 PM

damn, i was in that 30+ plus line, couldnt get in, but it mustve been one hell of a night

sueshi9
sueshi9
5/24/2010 03:01 PM

Anders rocks hard! Love the SMT.

SkiBumK27
SkiBumK27
5/24/2010 05:00 PM

'down' and 'off' beats are two different things. Down beat is 'on' the beat (ONE and TWO and THREE, etc.), 'up beat' is 'off' the beat(one AND two AND three AND etc.)

barcjeff
barcjeff
5/25/2010 09:12 AM

Sounds like an incredible show. No mention of Johnny Vidacovich in any NOLA funk drumming article is sacrelige.

Damonh420
Damonh420
5/25/2010 09:57 AM

The down and the "off beat"?

gmoo
gmoo
5/25/2010 07:10 PM

www.musicmarauders.com

This is the future of jam music.

circlelimit
circlelimit
5/26/2010 06:24 AM

Robert Walter is THE MAN. I wish he'd bring back the 20th Congress for an extensive tour or three. I guess steady income from the Greyboys takes precedent (understandable to a degree).

I attended Stanton's drum clinic in Denver a few months ago before a Galactic gig. It was interesting to hear him talk about his approach to funk drumming, respecting history while trying to have a unique voice, and watching him let loose on the kit.

bluesrequiem
bluesrequiem
5/26/2010 02:22 PM

Yeah Robert Walter's 20th Congress is one of my favorite funk bands. On the One featuring John Staten from KDTU is one Great funk band everyone should check out. Will Bernard's Motherbug has a great set on archive with Brian Haas and Reed Mathis from Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey (JFJO) sitting in... do an archive search for will bernard motherbug odyssey.

I thought The Stanon Moore Trio was supposed to play Denver last weekend. They went to LA instead lol... oh well, i got to see another night of Everyone Orchestra rip it up so i wasnt too dissapointed : )

Greg11
Greg11
6/1/2010 06:13 PM

'Who Took the Happiness Away' was written by Kirk Joseph & Kevin Harris of the original Dirty Dozen Brass Band . . . it isn't a Galactic original

CHECK YO FACTS!!!!!!

GA

DirtyRice
DirtyRice
6/2/2010 07:16 PM

Touche' SkiBumK27. Sounds like your Down with playing Off Beats. When you cannot hear the metronome you are ON. When you can hear it your OFF. Now Georgie Sluppick might not be a snare master like Stanton but his playing with Robert Walter's 20th Congress had deep pockets of whiteboy funk. Bring back the Congress!!

dovetail
dovetail
2/13/2011 03:28 AM

how elementary can you get?!?!?....get to your point(s) and check your facts man...gawd

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use