Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

36 Total Messages • Page 3 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 
JamBase Questionnaire: Keller Williams
Putnameter
Putnameter
5/27/2010 09:31 AM

Man I almost fell for being gullible that he owned the real estate company. Dammit!

johnjhearn
johnjhearn
5/27/2010 12:56 PM

I like Keller a bunch, but...

The new album is a throwaway. A bunch of covers with the Keels on the first one (Grass), fine. But ALL covers with the Keels--save your money. He played the whole thing with them Saturday night at Smilefest and I'll be fine never to see that set again.

Also, I gotta say, the last three sets I've seen him do he has opened with "Breathe" and the same extended acoustic solo. I'd much rather see him mix it up and play more of his catalog than reverting back to the same set pieces every show.

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
5/28/2010 06:58 AM

its not the same acoustic solo at all, one is called cookies, one is called thin mint, sometimes its just a jam, or another song altogether too.

this has been another edition of better know a keller.

phillip2
phillip2
5/28/2010 08:12 AM

The opening and closing songs are two of my favorites from Waylon and Willie (great cd you should check out)

Deadphans
Deadphans
5/30/2010 08:59 PM

Thanks Michael 9 for sharing that show. It is really awesome! Being a local, I enjoy it that much better :) Thanks!

rhythmic_randomn…
rhythmic_randomn…
6/2/2010 10:30 AM

Keller Williams is great! If you don't dig what he does, I'm sorry (your life must be a sad thing to be a part of). If you haven't seen him but want to, DO IT, already! And if, like me, you have seen him and you can't wait to, again, you know nobody can do the damn thing like he does!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use