Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

38 Total Messages • Page 3 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 
Hangout Festival | 05.14-05.16 | Alabama
Drbeaker
Drbeaker
5/21/2010 05:37 PM

I'm very happy to hear that Zach Brown did not actually say that and if I were him I'd be furious at being misquoted. There's a HUGE difference between saying we should support the people in the military and saying that we should support the actions in which the military is engaged. To say that the military is "essential to defending our way of life" is woefully ignorant. The parts of our "way of life" that are being defended in Afghanistan and Iraq are, in fact, indefensible.

pheelalrights
pheelalrights
5/23/2010 10:27 AM

Okay, brad whomever, you know they now make pills for your condition. Lamictal is a wonderful thing. It allows you to think before you speak. Such harshness in your words, I'm sorry that life has dealt you a bad hand.

blueindian65
blueindian65
5/25/2010 07:51 AM

I was at the hangout and it kicked A$$... I also went to the flora bama glad it go a shout out... Its a hella fun place even though it is prety read. I've lived my entire life in alabama, and it is a very very nice place. Natural diversity (most in America Bitches), some of the best beaches in the world, Alabama Football, Paul Finebaum. I personaly live on a 20,000 Accre lake. So to all the haters saying Alabama is dangerous I would say not true. The only dangerous thing in alabama is the east side of Birmingahm after dark and the only people who go their are junkies and gang members so if you are not one of those two catagories you should be fine. I'm going to let the haters be my motivators and try and get the word out that Alabama is Awsome!!!!

blueindian65
blueindian65
5/25/2010 07:54 AM

I was at the hangout and it kicked A$$... I also went to the flora bama glad it go a shout out... Its a hella fun place even though it is prety read. I've lived my entire life in alabama, and it is a very very nice place. Natural diversity (most in America Bitches), some of the best beaches in the world, Alabama Football, Paul Finebaum. I personaly live on a 20,000 Accre lake. So to all the haters saying Alabama is dangerous I would say not true. The only dangerous thing in alabama is the east side of Birmingahm after dark and the only people who go their are junkies and gang members so if you are not one of those two catagories you should be fine. I'm going to let the haters be my motivators and try and get the word out that Alabama is Awsome!!!!

earthfirstsammy
earthfirstsammy
5/27/2010 05:25 AM

I think it was a great review, well written!!!!

Moon Taxi blew my mind and I cant wait to see them grow in the future.

The rain was crazy, but it showed how organized the festival workers were,

they had it up and running as soon as the rain stopped, BRAVO!!!!

GREAT REVIEW. JAMBASE ROCKS. HEADLINERS SHAKEY...aside from Trey & TAB.

makersandH2O
makersandH2O
5/27/2010 07:01 AM

"ignorant ass"??? damn man. you got problems. it was all in good spirits. you know, some of us still know how to have a good time and not be a jerk about it. by the way, i'm from SC and i've had plenty of late nights at Churchill's there in Anderson. chill out!

bestdeutch
bestdeutch
5/25/2011 10:54 AM

Worst festival I have ever been to. Save yourself time and money and go enjoy music festivals in states that have a liberal attitude and don't go anywhere past the Mason-Dixon Line. The festival was a scam so the police in Baldwin County could make thousands off out of state travelers for misdemeanor charges. I personally had to pay over $3,000 to get out of jail for having less than 7grams of weed. It was hidden in my underwear and the security frisked me so I turned around to leave and the next thing I know 5 cops are beating me to the ground telling me to stop resisting when they had no evidence nor told me I was under arrest before I was kicked in the back and dragged across the pavement before they even had any evidence on me. I wasn't read my rights and I was forced to sit in processing for 12 hours with no phone call. Then I was put in county lock up until my friends could get $3,000. Which they did and paid for it at 4PM and then I wasn't released until 11PM that day so almost 32 hours of my life and $3,000 later I got to go home and now I am having to pay almost $5,000 to get the case dropped because the swine had no reason to arrest me or search me since I never entered festival grounds.

You can make the judgement for yourselves just think about where you are going before you buy those tickets. I have traveled all over the US for festivals and this was by far the worst one I have ever seen not only was the presence of swine over abundant but they only had to water stations for 35,000 ppl that only had hot water from a hose coming out of them. Any late night tickets or shuttle passes bought were a joke since you could walk into any late night and you could get on the shuttle without paying. The festival sold out but if you had money the security wld take it and give you a wristband so it became way over crowded. Not enough bathrooms for 35,000 ppl, the stages were small and u cldnt see half of the shows from a good spot. All the vendors charged different prices for merch and beer when it was all the same thing. The town ran out of booze and cigarettes a day into the festival. No shade anywhere on the festival grounds and there were about 25 undercovers grabbing ppl for just smoking some weed at a festival.

FUCK ALABAMA and THE HANGOUT MUSIC FESTIVAL!!!

ubjesus1
ubjesus1
5/26/2011 01:01 PM

Yes, just like Bonarroo there were a bunch of sleeping babies at hangout.Best Deutch said it the best.The people that were in the jail before the festy started ,said that the county had been planning for weeks with 5 different agencies.They said they knew that a bunch of pussy, hippie pacifist would just role over and take it.And also just like Manchester the local newspaper is doin everything they can to hide all of the serious charges,and the fact that there was closer to to 600 arrest.Gotta keep these dumb hippies comin back to support the machine.How about tryin a festival not all fucked up ,and you might see alot of this shit go down.And thats not counting all of the arrest they made on the roads.Did anyone else notice the drug dogs evrywere?it looked like Nazi Germany.And civil liberties were shit all over,all-over.How did you like paying Coke for your water and the D.E.A. for your beer?Fuck Nazi,Bald Head Alabama!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use