Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

38 Total Messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1 2 3 Next » 
Hangout Festival | 05.14-05.16 | Alabama
JamBase
JamBase
5/20/2010 12:00 AM

Hangout Festival | 05.14-05.16 | Alabama
The Hangout Music fest, held on the white sandy beaches of Alabama, unveiled a hidden paradise...

WidespreadMule3
WidespreadMule3
5/20/2010 02:19 PM

I love that Moon Taxi got a shout out! This festi looks like it was legit. Hopefully they'll be back next year.

nwstinson
nwstinson
5/20/2010 02:27 PM

"Brown was cheered on as he spoke about the importance of the military and killing others to preserve our way of life." First of all, that is not what he said. He talked about supporting the military (the PEOPLE in the military). The amount of ignorance and classlessness shown by you is saddening. And here I thought JamBase was a website for those who appreciate music and understood how it can be used for good (i.e. the profits going to gulf coast oil spill relief). If you really think this way then you are more misguided than the people you proclaim to be against. The fact that you used that write up to undermine the "Deep South" as you called it, sickens me. That festival was one of the most uplifting things to happen in Alabama for a long time and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to jab at Zac Brown and the South for doing no more than supporting the men and women who keep us safe. I feel sorry for you.

bradnotbrad
bradnotbrad
5/20/2010 02:42 PM

And to top it off, Chalkdust Torture isn't a 1-4-5 chord progression, dumbass. Jambase obviously had a hand in sponsoring this shitfest so of course they were going to cup its balls in every way conceivable. What an awesome festival, it's in cop-filled Alabama, on the shore of a recently ravaged ocean basin (I'm sure it smelled like roses down there), while the worst of the jam scene (which is like saying 'the dumbest kids with Down's Syndrome') hashed it out on the worst-named stages I've ever seen. What's not to love? Fuck this festival, fuck Alabama and fuck Jambase.

nwstinson
nwstinson
5/20/2010 02:47 PM

jesus dude. If that festival was full of the worst of the jam scene then i'd like to go to one of the shows you're going to. Thanks for the abridged article by the way Jambase...that was fast and much appreciated. Keep on keepin on. Peace

silk
silk
5/20/2010 02:55 PM

bradnotbrad was obviously not at the Hangout. The oil spill did not have any effect on the shows. There was no odor and the beaches were beautiful. This was a great place for families. The only downer for this spectacular festival was the rain on Sunday. I hope more beach communities try to hold festivals like this, because partying on the beach is just fun. We plan to go again next year.

TendaiCooney
TendaiCooney
5/20/2010 03:06 PM

sounds like an all around good time! spinnin on the beach is definitely one of my favorite past times. bradnotbrad... dang dude.

danimal2
danimal2
5/20/2010 03:12 PM

I would have made the best out of this event, even in alabama

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
5/20/2010 04:05 PM

god warren haynes is in EVERYTHING http://www.jambase.com/Photos/PhotoViewer.aspx?galleryID=54&photoID=1727

stoweskier
stoweskier
5/20/2010 05:58 PM

hahahah, bradnotbrad understands good satire. cheers

pgroove21
pgroove21
5/20/2010 06:32 PM

I had a bunch of friends who went to the Hangout and said it was a blast. If it wasn't for WSP at the Wharf the prior weekend, I would have been down there for sure. Hopefully it happens next year. And yeah I'm also glad to hear a Moon Taxi shoutout. Those guys can tear it up so it's about time they get some recognition.

rdawson124
rdawson124
5/20/2010 08:22 PM

Pretty in depth review there of the whole three days of music, thought there was more than 7 bands at that fest.

rastarusty
rastarusty
5/20/2010 08:49 PM

Jesus, some people have issues

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
5/20/2010 10:30 PM

The author of this article is a freaking ass... Alaska is so a fucking Trey song it's not funny. I mean really. No cred, thumbs down. It's like two years old ....'Makes me wonder about the rest of it.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
5/20/2010 10:33 PM

Correction, I have it from 4 years ago. Pretty sure there was no Phish then.?

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use