Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

21 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
JamBase Questionnaire: Cornmeal
m00se
m00se
5/20/2010 08:01 PM

9. The best meal I ever had on tour was at…

An all vegetarian Chinese restaurant in Atlanta before playing Smith's Olde Bar. Forgot the name of it.

This has gotta be Green Sprout, which is just down the street from Smith's. This was a favorite of mine when I lived in the Atlanta area. All vegan!

http://www.greensproutga.com/

rainydayman
rainydayman
5/21/2010 07:28 AM

@Filo....there never was a "Mick Jones" era Stones. Don't tell me you got the Stones confused with Foreigner. There was a Brian Jones era Stones, and a Mick Taylor era Stones. I prefer the Mick Taylor era.

tugofthebeard
tugofthebeard
5/21/2010 08:47 AM

this band is terrible. i am so tired of crunchy upper middle class wookies picking up stringed instruments, learning one bill monroe tune, one john hartford tune, three flatt and scruggs tunes, and blackberry blossom, and then throwing on a fake country accent while claiming they come from a "bluegrass background" and just butchering their way through the limelight. enough is enough. thanks, hackensaw boys, for making people think this crap is good.

Distraction_420
Distraction_420
5/21/2010 11:07 AM

Checking out Cornmeal at Smilefest this weekend, can't wait!

lovemusical
lovemusical
5/23/2010 04:42 AM

"butchering their way through the limelight". Wow. How do you even respond to an opinion that absolute, when the opposite will clearly be pro butcher. I guess, you'll just have to see Cornmeal and decide for yourself. BTW, the cliched, decades old, Beatles vs. Stones argument is pointless and silly. They were both phenominally talented, but the Beatles are forever part of the nostalgia of the 60's. The Stones went decades beyond and are still entertaining giant crowds of CEO's, doctors, and aristocrisy to this day.

r2droo2
r2droo2
5/23/2010 03:00 PM

just saw these guys for the first time a few weeks ago in fargo and was very impressed. the transitions from foot stompin bluegrass into the psychedelic stuff really does come out of nowhere. very cool

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use