Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

50 Total Messages • Page 4 of 4 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 
Austin City Limits Music Festival: Phish, The Eagles, Muse
LivingTheDreamATX
LivingTheDreamATX
5/19/2010 11:10 AM

For those of you who haven't been to Austin...GET A CLUE! It is an Tropical ISLAND in the middle of a sea of polluted water. I have seen shows in over 25 states and used to live in Denver (Still one of the coolest cities ever!) and after 5 years here in Austin I can truly say that ATX is one of THE EASIEST PLACES TO LIVE. Every year it gets harder to leave and I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will. I Grew up in R.I. and NEVER thought I would EVER say that about Tex-ASSSS!

ACL is an OK fest (compared to NOLA Jazz Fest which we drive to every year) and is still more local friendly than SxSW. If you don't believe me that Austin is one of the most magical places you'll ever visit them get up off yer fat ass and come here...just not between June and September cause it's BALLLLLZ HOT!!!

shinsgunsfarts
shinsgunsfarts
5/20/2010 06:45 AM

Where is my Railroad Earth, Yonder Mountain or Cornmeal? Where is my Lotus, Particle or New Deal?

On the surface this lineup seems diverse but after checking out all the middle tier bands that I didnt know im finding a lot of them sound the same. My major complaint is the lack the bluegrass and electronic jam.

GratefulSpread1
GratefulSpread1
5/20/2010 10:09 AM

Its true that ACL has kind of distanced itself from the jam scene to a degree. However, the line up was just announced like 2 days ago. Im sure there will be some additions like STS9, lotus, trampled by turtles, or a DJ like pretty lights or bassnectar. Most of the fun in last year's festival was all of the post festival shows around downtown Austin. STS9 played at stubbs until midnight, then Lotus played somewhere else till like 3 right after them. Personally I could give a shit less about anything else but Phish. The last time they came around here I was in the 7th grade and Trey was all strung out. All together I think this might be one of the better ACLs in recent memory.

sandoz
sandoz
5/20/2010 11:44 AM

either ya know about the ATX or ya don't. Oh the cops, um ok, don't speed? simple enough.

grtful
grtful
5/21/2010 05:06 PM

Hate to keep hatin' on Texas, but hey, you deserve it! Stop fuckin' with the rest of counries education. Texas just approved changes to new text books,{that most of the country also uses}, to reflect their conservative, right wing values...BULLSHIT! One change, no more use of the word imperialism, now "expansionism", no more "slave trade", now is going to be taught to are kids as the "Atlantic triangular trade", also now to teach about the moral majority, and the rise of concervatism under Ronald Regan,WOW!!Everything's bigger in Texas, even the bullshit!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use