Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

50 Total Messages • Page 3 of 4 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 
Austin City Limits Music Festival: Phish, The Eagles, Muse
lovejahlive
lovejahlive
5/18/2010 11:55 AM

I had coffee cake and chocolate milk at 3am in the Austin jail. Doesn't really get any cooler than that...?

grtful
grtful
5/18/2010 12:53 PM

Gspread, face it your state sucks. also, stop the whole gratefulspread dumbness. You've obviously never saw a Dead show! Why so angry, houston not getting enough shows?

stinkd
stinkd
5/18/2010 12:53 PM

I think coffee cake and chocolate milk sounds like a great meal while behind bars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0PfRnbdSqY

pugoet
pugoet
5/18/2010 01:35 PM

ATX is definitely ranked as one of the coolest places to see music and party. Austin has the most people with grad degrees waiting tables because people will do anything to live there. Best tattoo shops, awesome BBQ, amazing music scene even if its not the best jamband scene. If you think Austin is all rednecks your dead wrong. I got my Friday tix and I can wait to jump in the spring between shows. See ya'll there..lol

EMHJR6762
EMHJR6762
5/18/2010 01:39 PM

First: UDSH, Ashville is great, but so is Austin.

Second: Smashy, unemployed are you? Maybe Andrew Bird & Beruit will play the state fair in October. Stay in New Hampshire.

Third: Drbeaker: I was at Coachella also. You taunt the police, you lose. Nude guy did, he lost.

Forth: Grtful: Your ignorance is sad. Stay unemployed & stoned and let the State of Colorado take care of you.

For the fine folkes giving Austin & Texas some love I say "Thank You". Moved to the SoCal desert from Austin in 2000 to help with my father. I get back there at least once a year to see the family and see some shows. Last ACLF I saw was in 06 with WSP, Black Crowes, & ABB. Awesome time. Wish South Park Meadows was still there. HOB screwed that up. Hope to share a Newcastle with ya'll in October. Apoligize for any spelling errors. No spellcheck on the JB site.

EMHJR6762
EMHJR6762
5/18/2010 01:56 PM

Smashy, thank you for pointing out some of the good thing about my home state. No more cheap shots from me towards you and the great state of New Hampshire.

GratefulSpread1
GratefulSpread1
5/18/2010 02:39 PM

I will admit it Houston does suck ass when it comes to the Music scene, however Austin does get healty doses of good music. Gful you are right, I have never SEEN a dead show because I was 10 when Jerry died. Anyway, those of you who are coming into Austin for ACL have fun and be safe

rastarusty
rastarusty
5/18/2010 03:18 PM

Alright, I still don't understand exactly how this thing works. Do you buy a ticket and get a wristband or something to get in to the different shows? Or do you have to pay per show other than the outside settups? Always has a good lineup, heard great things, but never made it there.

If somebody whose gone can drop some knowledge that would be appreciated.

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
5/18/2010 04:55 PM

One of my best friends lives in Austin and he says it's great. Never heard anything but good things about Austin. We grew up in LA too and I thaught he'd be back. 12 years later he's still there so I guess for him Austin>LA. If that says anything. I live in Atlanta now but I lived in Seattle before that and if you ask me the Northwest is where it's at. I'd love to check out Austin though.

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
5/18/2010 08:04 PM

Does anyone else notice Verve Pipe wayyy down at the bottom of the lineup list?

gandrewd
gandrewd
5/18/2010 09:37 PM

Austin is sweet, but too bad it's surrounded by Texas LOL. San Antonio is alright. Big Bend/Guadalupe is awesome, and let's here it for Luckenbach, Waylon and Willie! But I'd rather kill myself than live in Houston/Dallas/El Paso/Lubbock/Amarillo etc. There are cool/douche liberals and cool/dick rednecks in every state.

Confucius
Confucius
5/19/2010 04:35 AM

99 Southpark Meadows - Last 'Phish' show attended until Telluride '10!

-- SO for ACL some details....

1. Its in a park, multiple stages.

2. No parking or camping anywhere near the event - Its blocked off for a ways and nothing close.

-- You take buses from the UT campus to south Austin to Zilker park

3. Tickets are exchanged wristbands at the event. Usually up to 2 days prior to the event you can go down there exchange tix for wristbands

4. You can ride your bike to the event, on Saturday it looks like little Amsterdam there are soooo many bikes.

-- Just a few details about ACL --

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
5/19/2010 06:59 AM

I love Houston.

The crack there is soooo cheap. A good value really, you should try it.

EVERYTHING'S bigger in Texas!

articgtp
articgtp
5/19/2010 08:43 AM

Wow, alot of justified hate for Texas here.

Why is Phish doing this? they should just play the Backyard and dump this half-assed show.

I have lived in this state for many years and can tell you it does indeed suck.

While Austin used to be cool, it no longer holds a candle to most other college towns, unless you are talking about 6th street and all you do is drink.

While Texas may have some great outdoor activities, this small list might prevent you from enjoying them to much.

Provided by the EPA.

• 1st: Air Pollution Emissions

• 1st Amount of Volatile Organic Compounds Released into the air

• 1stAmount of Toxic Chemicals Released into Water

• 1st: Amount of Recognized Cancer-Causing Carcinogens Released into the air

• 1st: Amount of Carbon Dioxide Emissions

• 2nd: Amount of Hazardous Waste Generated

• 5th: Amount of Toxic Chemicals Released into the air

We are also #1 in executions and teen pregnancies. Yay Texas! Everything is Bigger!

Phlipphlop
Phlipphlop
5/19/2010 09:35 AM

I thought Texico was it's own country and not part of the US.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use