sandoz
sandoz
5/18/2010 09:28 AM

99 Southpark Meadows

DON'T MOVE HERE

Uoft23
Uoft23
5/18/2010 09:30 AM

I don't understand the hate on Texas??? I've lived in Denver, Mississippi, Atlanta and now Texas (20yrs now) and have never had any encounters with cops. It's the same with everywhere else, just don't be an idiot and your straight. I didn't see any hate on Hampton when $1.2 mil of drugs were confiscated. Besides the hottest women around are in Austin! Quit hating and check it out for yourself, then tell me different..

Uoft23
Uoft23
5/18/2010 09:34 AM

I don't understand the hate on Texas??? I've lived in Denver, Mississippi, Atlanta and now Texas (20yrs now) and have never had any encounters with cops. It's the same with everywhere else, just don't be an idiot and your straight. I didn't see any hate on Hampton when $1.2 mil of drugs were confiscated. Besides the hottest women around are in Austin! Quit hating and check it out for yourself, then tell me different..

bigd816921
bigd816921
5/18/2010 09:39 AM

grtful - i'm from texas and i'm not a redneck, nor a queer. I hate the stereotype that all texans are cowboys and we all ride bulls and shit. Austin, TX happens to be one of the coolest cities in the country (keep austin weird!), and about 90% of the people there are liberals. seeing phish there (even if it is just 1 set) is going to be so badass. we need some musical love too. not many other of the acts look that great tho, so i just bought the friday ticket for phish, with some added treats such as robert randolph and a couple of others. and after the festie, 6th st. will be shut down the invasion. hopefully some good post-shows, there usually are.

bigd816921
bigd816921
5/18/2010 09:40 AM

yes and the ladies in texas are fucking georgous, thanks for the reminder freetime3!

bjcarosi
bjcarosi
5/18/2010 09:46 AM

I'm not impressed with the lineup. It ain't worth dealing with the legions of wookies to catch the several acts I'd be interested in.

struby420
struby420
5/18/2010 09:50 AM

Texas is cool, but Colorado and California are way cooler.

damoncory
damoncory
5/18/2010 09:52 AM

Austin is a great city, been there twice & want to go back.

mcslick420
mcslick420
5/18/2010 09:58 AM

I'm from Indiana, been to Texas a ton. Its the shiz, if you're worried about it do us a favor and don't go! Shorter beer line for me, thanks

grtful
grtful
5/18/2010 10:05 AM

BigD8, of course you can't stereotype everybody in texas. Step two feet out of Austin and what do you see? Nascar shirts, cowboy hats and boots, gas guzzlers, big oil, the Bush family, highest death penalty rates every year, no enviromental conscious, no music scene outside of Austin, severe drug possesion laws... you can have it, i'll stay in Colorado!

tractorboy
tractorboy
5/18/2010 10:43 AM

Wow, the Eagles and Phish. Just add Yawnder Mountain and you would arguably have the worst group of headliners at any festival ever.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
5/18/2010 10:44 AM

I'm a southern Californian who has always enjoyed Texas. Austin is a fantastic town.

chux7487
chux7487
5/18/2010 10:59 AM

phish and MIA....... badass

ghilliesblunt
ghilliesblunt
5/18/2010 11:20 AM

exactly what i was thinkin chux....im already there

GratefulSpread1
GratefulSpread1
5/18/2010 11:50 AM

Hey Grtful if you want to talk so much shit about Texas don’t go. You might not like the fact that Texas isn’t an Uber liberal economically deteriorating state like the ones you are accustomed too. I bet you have never even been to Texas, I would much rather have rednecks who bust their ass for a living in my state than a bunch of jobless, bum asshole wookies ruining everything. The state is more diverse than you think,there are plenty of liberals, conservatives, and libertarians in Texas who are at peace with one another. Stay in Colorado and keep your opinions to yourself

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use