Austin City Limits Music Festival: Phish, The Eagles, Muse

gandrewd
gandrewd
5/17/2010 10:56 PM

To quote the Dude, "I hate the f#cking Eagles!"

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
5/18/2010 12:32 AM

I think this looks sick. I've already stood up for the fuckin Eagles. Phish, what?! the lips, Mia, spoon, monsters of folk. Good enough for the girls I date. Don't think I can make it though. The main reason I would go is Phish and they're only playing one two hour set. I would like to see Muse too. Have fun to all in Austin. One day I'm gonna check that place out.

EMHJR6762
EMHJR6762
5/18/2010 12:45 AM

Oh my God, let the whining begin. The same whiny east coast F***s that cried into there tampons about Phesty 8 being in SoCal are going to have a field day this one. I can here it now, "The ACLM is too this", "Texas is too that", "The cops there are too whatever". BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!!!! This will be the first time in over twelve years that Phish has played in Texas to a crowd over a couple of hundred. I have seen four Phish shows in Texas, including my first Phish show and my only mail order front row tickets show, and the crowds where good and the shows where strong. Yes, the police will make there presence, but if you don't blow your pipe smoke into the nostrils of a mounted police horse like I saw at Wanee or dare the cops to taze you while you dance around naked like Coachella, you should be fine.

Austin is a great town. This festival is great. 6th street with 40,000 coeds will be awesome.It should be a great weekend. If you have never been, you should try it. You wont be sorry.

panic111
panic111
5/18/2010 05:00 AM

Their still not gonna get me down there. so lame

udsh
udsh
5/18/2010 06:22 AM

EMHJ pretty much sums up why people hate texans

boknows
boknows
5/18/2010 06:22 AM

I'm There!!!!

Well, I'm going so I might as well see Phish. MOF, cmon, sickness!!!!!

puseykev
puseykev
5/18/2010 06:35 AM

Maybe The Eagles and Phish will have a super jam together? Don Henley will join Phish for a sing along...like the Boss at Bonneroo...New York Minute...The End of The Innocence?! haha.

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
5/18/2010 06:52 AM

By all accounts, the Eagles still put on a bananas show. And I've always wanted to see them, but never wanted to sell a kidney to do so. Hmmm...this might have to be a go. But goddamn wouldn't it be sweeter if it were MMJ instead of MOF. Ahh well, I'm just being picky. Great lineup.

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
5/18/2010 07:35 AM

That guy at Coachella may have been refusing to put clothes back on but he was hardly "daring cops to taze him". He was surrounded by 3 cops, not doing anything violent or unruly, and clearly incapable of putting up any real resistance. The tazing was a blatant act of police abuse and I remain shocked, over a year later, by how many festie kids continue to defend it. It's on video and it was so clearly an excessive and unnecessary use of force. It disgusts me how we refuse to stand up for each other. If this had happened in France or Spain it would have led to days of rioting.

jsta27
jsta27
5/18/2010 07:46 AM

Its gonna be awesome. If you wanna complain about Texas-stay the hell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
5/18/2010 08:05 AM

Halloween in Vegas?

grtful
grtful
5/18/2010 08:47 AM

Really, Texas? Worst state in the country hands down for cops!{and most everything else!} The Eagles?? Phish better play vegas now if there playing Texas! Nothing but steers and queers...and rednecks!

deadpig79
deadpig79
5/18/2010 09:13 AM

Good let phish kids destroy austin like they did new orleans. smart move. gonna find wookies under houses!

freetime3
freetime3
5/18/2010 09:24 AM

Yea, new orleans was a gem untill phish went there....

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use