Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

16 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Jazz Fest After Dark | 04.29-05.02 | New Orleans
JamBase
JamBase
5/11/2010 12:00 AM

Jazz Fest After Dark | 04.29-05.02 | New Orleans
JamBase delves deep into the dimly lit, dank rooms that swell with Jazz Fest adventure, the voodoo magic that goes on after dark until yet another New Orleans sunrise...

beesknees
beesknees
5/12/2010 07:15 PM

getz4prez

vjc122
vjc122
5/12/2010 08:52 PM

Really enjoyed the witness of these events but wish the review was alot better. Might not have been able to do it better myself with all the name drops. Words like rage and stellar are great words, but I enjoy a little more feeling to the review than that. I'm noone of importance but I feel like I've read this review before with different bands or artists.

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
5/12/2010 10:29 PM

meh, it's no Bonnaroo

Falcon65
Falcon65
5/12/2010 11:13 PM

Dat's right, the Fest is definitely no Bonnaroo - it's way longer with more music and way better food where the entire City is blowin' up for 11 days. The Roo is childs' play compared to the Fest.

headybro
headybro
5/12/2010 11:59 PM

Ch'yeah Gizzle... wish I seen ya down there. Glad to read your Gonzo tales, once again mi bredren.

@ vjc122. 'Rage' is the title of Lettuce's most recent album. Whooosh muh f*cka!!

...not to mention the most used verb/noun/adj at any and every Royal Family Event... Pipe down, Guy...

Its amazing, like 3 of my favorite shows werent even mentioned... (MULE, Meglomaniacs Ball, 7 Walkers), but like u said, it aint what u see its what u MISS!!

Yes. Yes Indeedee....

T-BoneWhittalker
T-BoneWhittalker
5/13/2010 01:27 AM

NOLA Jazz Fest = most consistently SICK AS F*CK music event, year in, year out. Articles like this make me wish for the olden days. Ridiculous times. Wish I could of got down to RAGE with the Royal Family of FUNK. So pumped to find out JESUS back on the bass!! I shall return, mark my words.

well done, Sir.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
5/13/2010 06:17 AM

Kinda' lame... The writer definitely should have mentioned the Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue CD release party at Tipitinas to close out Jazz Fest instead of the Nile show. They raged( yes ,I said it) until like 7am. They closed with a crazy ass 'Saints Go Marching In' sang in the style of Louis Armstrong except it turned into 'Blister In The Sun' for a few seconds which was awesome but it took the band by surprise. You could see it on their faces- A total WTF, then back to 'Saints'. Good stuff, then walk out into the dawn...

friedpix
friedpix
5/13/2010 08:58 AM

That's enough, George Clinton...

Chaloupka
Chaloupka
5/13/2010 10:45 AM

Defend New Orleans!!

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
5/13/2010 02:54 PM

i like the article. if see a hater point em out point em out!

funkytool
funkytool
5/14/2010 01:05 PM

Dumpstaphunk closed out the Fest at Tips. Not Shorty.

ssucaet
ssucaet
5/16/2010 07:21 AM

Why would you go see a DJ from Fort Collins when there are epic local musicians playing everywhere around NOLA? GAYPER!

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
5/18/2010 12:38 AM

I knew that bonnaroo thing would get a response! This looks sick, I hope to make it one day.

DaKracken
DaKracken
5/20/2010 12:43 AM

I used to live in NOLA and was looking forward to going to Jazzfest-2nd weekend but I had to cancel due to family emergency. I was SUPER dissapointed in how expensive all the late night shows sponsored by Superfly were-I understand big talent deserves to be compensated but all the shows were $40 and up which is on top of dropping big money during the day at the fest-everybody isn't a trustafarian ya know-a club show should be $15-20 in my opinion, just sayin.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use