Camp Barefoot 4: Kimock/Hookah Out, RAQ and Conspirator In
JamBase
JamBase
5/12/2010 09:05 AM

Camp Barefoot 4: Kimock/Hookah Out, RAQ and Conspirator In

kellerfan420
kellerfan420
5/12/2010 09:23 AM

RAQ is awesome, this looks like a decent little fest. Wish I could attend!

oldfartatplay
oldfartatplay
5/12/2010 10:15 AM

RAQ IS in fact awesome, hope they get back to the upper midwest again soon.

laxd1314
laxd1314
5/12/2010 10:32 AM

conspirator!!!11!1???1?/

i just jizzed my pant

hoover184
hoover184
5/12/2010 12:09 PM

Sounds like a poor trade to me! I was actually thinking about going, but now my two favorites have been replaced. If Hookah and Kimock are backing out, the people throwing this fest must be a bunch of idiots.

phishnerd
phishnerd
5/12/2010 12:29 PM

Really hoover184. You got out of that the two bands are backing out? To me it was a scheduling conflict by the booking agent. It is a thing called a radius clause and certain festivals put that clause in the bands contract. I too am going to miss Crazy Engine but I have been to this festival in the past and I have fun but hell I can have fun anywhere ;)

ricochetred
ricochetred
5/12/2010 02:05 PM

Marc Brownstein from the Biscuits!! I love it!! my face will be dripping off my cheekbone for this 1!!!! RAQ !!!!! even better!! EOTO, PARTICLE, BIG GIGANTIC . KYLE H, RICOCHET RED, TOUBAB, KUNG FU, FUNKUPONYA!!! IM GETTIN 2 TICKETS RIGHT NOW....GET YOUR BASKET FOR THIS KIDS!! U DONT WANT YOUR FACE HITTING THE GROUND!! SEE UALL AT BAREFOOT !!!!!

trippgray
trippgray
5/12/2010 05:04 PM

2 nights of silo... kill it boys

kevinSC
kevinSC
5/12/2010 05:35 PM

Festival just took a Glow Stick turn towards the Stratosphere. I wish Kimock could stay and give me the groove instead of the constant constant... Tears...Still Going though.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
5/12/2010 05:42 PM

Radius clauses...WTF? Really? I'm not in the music business ( the lot maybe...) but would someone with real knowledge please elaborate on the intricacies of "Radius Clauses". I have a vague idea but surely there are some folks who can articulate it?

Thanks in advance.

pinkrobot2
pinkrobot2
5/12/2010 06:46 PM

on the surface this kinda blows - i was excited for kimock. but, from this feedback, sounds like RAQ and conspirator might make up for it? hope that's the case! see yall there!

gregboyer
gregboyer
5/12/2010 07:44 PM

Lovejahlive, what I think it's about is when bands agree to play festivals sometimes the promoter makes them agree not to play again within a certain radius for a certain time (so demand stays high). This probably has something to do with All Good as both are in WV (or maybe another nearby Hookah show like Nelson Ledges). I would be pissed if I bought tickets wanting to see Kimock. Crazy Engine was great at Hookahville last year.

PhunkyAdam
PhunkyAdam
5/12/2010 08:53 PM

I'd rather have 2 nights of RAQ & Brownie than Kimock(not putting him down, i've seen him enough and he's really talented, i'm just not a big fan ya know) and especially Hookah(again, no offense, just not a big fan). RAQ is awesome, I loved them when I saw em at All Good in 08. I didn't think I could make this, but I think I can now and I am STOKED! Go see Fletcher's Grove if you get the chance. Seriously, they play here in Morgantown and all over WV a lot and they are no joke. Those dudes can seriously jam, you won't regret seeing them.

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
5/13/2010 05:50 AM

we got hosed

MrHarryHood83
MrHarryHood83
5/13/2010 06:13 AM

@lovejahlive A radius claus is inserted into the contract, usually at a festival stating the band can not play another festival with in a certain time(example- one month) and distance(example- 150 miles) Which would put both All Good and Garcia Birthday Bash on the radar.

@hoover184 In by no way would the bands backing out b/c of a radius ckus be the promoters fault, that would be one the bands's managment or booking agent.

Besides, RAQ and Conspirator fits with the rest of the line up better

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use