Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

22 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
My Morning Jacket | 04.30 | North Carolina
yamar1221
yamar1221
5/9/2010 01:56 PM

First of all the venue is by far the most relaxing and enjoyable venue in the area by far, for any type of show from orchestras to wilco or STS9. I've never had a problem with any people around me(crowds) when I am at a show listening to music that I love, I just seem to enjoy live music more than compiling a mental list of annoyances. The acoustics in Koka booth are great, I don't know where the review gets off thinking it was quiet. Pretty sure the glow sticks weren't working against the band. All in all, this venue has brought me a lot of good memories regardless of how many 'fratters' that may be around.

peaton
peaton
5/9/2010 06:57 PM

Do they do a good "Move On Up"? I love MMJ and one of the things I love about them is that they are fearless in taking chances. Most of the time it seems to work out, but I can't imagine Yim Yames channeling Curtis Mayfield. I guess I'll have to listen to a recording, any thoughts?

theangle
theangle
5/10/2010 10:31 AM

Go F$#%ing frat boys!!!!!!!!!!! Are we not over the glow stick thing yet. Why would you feel that is okay to throw one at a performer while he is playing for YOU!! Or is just because your cowardly ass can throw one at a performer and he can't make it to you to give you the ass whopping your sorry ass needs!!!!!!!!!! I find just a little ass whooping on folks like this goes a longGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way!! Keep this in mind during this summer's concert season. My Mornong Jacket deserved better so you guys come up to Asheville where none of that crap will be going on!!!!!!!!

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
5/10/2010 10:38 AM

peaton: http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2010-05-01 last track is "Move on Up"

JayJay729
JayJay729
5/10/2010 11:57 AM

I cannot believe the people who were throwing the glow sticks back at the band, that is simply ridiculous especially because they aren't simply "a" band, they are a great, epic outfit. It's not like they were screwing up or anything, either. In regards to the venue, it is simply a beautiful place to hold a concert. The problem is that they do not play the sound loud enough, meaning I didn't get the full MMJ experience. They will be seen again, though, I promise this. Also, I can't believe the security team was making us sit down so the people sitting behind us could see. I got news for all them: IT'S A FREAKIN ROCK SHOW! Regardless, I had a good time and I thought it was especially entertaining when the fire alarm went off during the show and MMJ actually played in rhythm with the siren. Luckily it went off within a few minutes as they were transitioning between songs.

waitnsee
waitnsee
5/10/2010 12:03 PM

I was in the pit and think the reviewer got it dead right. MMJ was completely awesome but the crowd seemed more interested in chatting, drinking and being seen. Hope to see MMJ again, just not in Cary.

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
5/11/2010 05:05 PM

Go look for "Bro Rape" on youtube. Funny shit. MMJ finished with move on up in ATL when I saw them and it was awesome. You have to remember they're doing it with the Preservation Hall Jazz band. Sickness.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use