Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

35 Total Messages • Page 2 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 
Eagles | 05.01 | San Jose
dannymo
dannymo
5/6/2010 12:11 PM

The Dude said it best....I hate the fuckin Eagles man....ditto for me....retire you assholes

matthau
matthau
5/6/2010 12:15 PM

I have TONS of respect for the Eagles, but seriously they are one of the cheesiest acts of all time. So i think i always have to keep that caveat in mind when thinking of them. That and they have one of the cheesiest musicians of all time as their defacto leader: Don Henley. He oozes velveeta outta his ears. The saving grace of the Eagles is of course Joe Walsh. He's just a bad@ss. Gotta love the James Gang.

tamser4035
tamser4035
5/6/2010 12:37 PM

I knew there would be at least one Big Lebowski quote on here. That was why I checked in the first place. Just to see how precitable people are. What's wrong with you guys? I'll go to any show. I went to Black Label Society and had fun. I guess some people are just bigger fans of music in general. I saw the Eagles (a little pricey I will admit). They played for over 3 hours and I recogized almost every song. You guys are all the same dudes who get on to Thom Yorke's review and start bagging on him and Radiohead. There is probably no method to your madness. Way to take time out of your day to get on JamBase and talk shit about a 60s band. One day I will be as cool as you.

Grupp
Grupp
5/6/2010 02:37 PM

Can't believe these guys are filling a 20,000 seat venue - twice. How are all these people coming up with the ticket price? I'm sure these guys showed some spunk - 60 is the new 45. Look at Gene Simmons at 60, or Phil Lesh at 70...I mean, the Eagles are a bunch of session musicians who had a knack for hooks - rock and roll isn't hard, and they should be REALLY good at it by now. But with all these nostalgia acts on tour over summer - Frampton and Yes, REO with Pat Benetar, Berlin and the GO GO's...where do you draw the line, tamser4035? You wanna go to ANY show? Why? Stay home and listen to the Eagles Greatest Hits for the 37,000th time. It's cheaper.

bluefunkgrass
bluefunkgrass
5/6/2010 08:23 PM

radiohead > the eagles... beer farts >the eagles... bald eagles > the eagles.

beatstock
beatstock
5/6/2010 09:15 PM

Was this video from the actual show that was reviewed because my mom just bet me a hundred bucks that it was from circa 98-2000. Because the one guitar players sued the band because they kicked him out, and that's why she thinks it is an old video, the youtube title only said the song title...any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

.teddy

tourfan
tourfan
5/6/2010 09:30 PM

^^^^^ Yes, Beatstock(teddy), that video is an old video!!! ^^^^^

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
5/7/2010 06:14 AM

I sold bunk moonshine in the lot and made a killing! Rubbing alcohol and urine works every time.

barcjeff
barcjeff
5/7/2010 07:36 AM

Doesnt Don Henly own a large part of Ticketmaster?

JeffRad
JeffRad
5/7/2010 09:47 AM

"The Eagles as a rare exception in the classic rock camp, where today's performances hold up admirably when compared to yesteryear." - great line / observation / review.

The level of musical ignorance demonstrated by some of the comments on this site never cease to amaze me, yet always serve as some level of comic relief.

Your 'jamband' heroes would probably be the first to tell you that the Eagles are superior singers, songwriters, and players to most of the bands you revere. I would love to be there if someone had a chance to talk to someone like Trey Anastasio or any musician in 'the know' that Don Henley, Joe Walsh and The Eagles suck - I promise and you, he would laugh in your ignorant and naive face.

You don't have to like The Eagles, but if you know music at all, you damn sure have to respect them.

lovemusicfood
lovemusicfood
5/7/2010 10:24 AM

Read this : http://www.ewire.com/display.cfm/Wire_ID/630 and find out how The Eagles may be the biggest group of d bags ever. This band sued a foundation to save the american bald eagle because the foundation made a fundraising cd with the name Eagles in the title.

Let's see someone defend that shit. A reason to never support any more of their crap EVER!!

Kdiddybaby
Kdiddybaby
5/7/2010 12:07 PM

I follow The Eagles around like a deadhead would follow the grateful dead around. I spend $500 a ticket on every show. I do this becasue I have more money than everybody ever. I am so awesome. I am so great at everything I do. I can do a billion push ups, and a billion sit ups. Of course I don't really do them, I pay somebody with all the money I have to do them for me. Why? Becasue I am so filthy rich. Thats right, I spend all my money on Eagle tickets, and people to do my push/sit ups for me. Look at me. Of course with all the money I have I don't accualy see the band play. I hate the fucking eagles. I just go around town to town with $500 tickets, then I burn them in front of everybody. Of course I don't really burn them, I pay someone to burn them for me. Why? Well duh, it's becasue I'm so damn rich and better than anybody at anything ever. Never forget that.

Peace I'm out.

brad5
brad5
5/7/2010 02:02 PM

"Your 'jamband' heroes would probably be the first to tell you that the Eagles are superior singers, songwriters, and players to most of the bands you revere. I would love to be there if someone had a chance to talk to someone like Trey Anastasio or any musician in 'the know' that Don Henley, Joe Walsh and The Eagles suck - I promise and you, he would laugh in your ignorant and naive face. "

I fucking seriously doubt that.

caseynewell
caseynewell
5/8/2010 07:27 AM

The Eagles rule. Way better than Phish or UM. I would hold them up on a throne if they would let me.

damoncory
damoncory
5/10/2010 10:36 AM

Id go if someone gave me free tics, otherwise no thanks.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use