Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

13 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Dr. Dog | 04.25 | San Francisco
JamBase
JamBase
5/4/2010 12:00 AM

Dr. Dog | 04.25 | San Francisco
Dr. Dog prove, once again, they're one of the more formidable live acts on the scene today...

PooDolla
PooDolla
5/5/2010 01:12 PM

I fucking love this band.

moemoe6434
moemoe6434
5/5/2010 02:26 PM

LOVE THE DOG! Here is the last show of their's I saw: http://www.moemoephoto.com/?p=712

jamesdinct
jamesdinct
5/5/2010 05:19 PM

I have never complained about a writer's piece on here but cmon man. Their albums are only mildly respectable?? Did you listen to Fate? That album has to be considered close to a studio masterpiece. I think their live show pales in comparison to their studio efforts. I mean I loved them live but it does not touch the perfection of the studio albums nor should it. Please go back and listen to Fate.

moemoe6434
moemoe6434
5/6/2010 07:54 AM

I agree, and not only that but there is only one photo and it is the back of their heads?

twalsh
twalsh
5/6/2010 09:14 AM

I saw these guys last year with members of Rebirth Brass Band and couldn't hear any of the intricacies that are supposed to make this band great. With all the hype they get, I'd be glad to give them a second chance, but wonder if they're really worth it. Are they?

JKimbell
JKimbell
5/6/2010 09:49 AM

I was at the show with Rebirth as well and it was not one of their best performances. Def give them another chance...they can put on an amazing live show. Also, their studio work is fantastic. They have been going UPHILL for some time now in the studio. From We All Belong to Fate to Shame, Shame. These guys are the real deal.

Slipster
Slipster
5/6/2010 09:50 AM

these shows were fantastic - would love to know if any live recordings ever surface from this group.

tomthumb86
tomthumb86
5/7/2010 07:24 AM

mildly respectable? is that a joke? Do you perfer the Flaming Lips live show over their mildly respectable records? Dr. Dog has made some of the best studio albums of the last decade. Period. Live they are no where near as tight as they should be. I can dig the loose fun vibe they put off but in the studio they come off like the Band playing the Beatles.

ruserious69
ruserious69
5/10/2010 09:04 AM

Dr. Dog = awesome, cynics = questionable

spmnky
spmnky
5/10/2010 11:55 AM

"...they come off like the Band playing the Beatles."

And that's supposed to be a knock against Dr. Dog....

tomthumb86
tomthumb86
5/10/2010 07:36 PM

spmnky- not a knock at all. My point was that that's their sound in the studio; live, they are no where near as tight. I would love to hear them play that way in a live setting. I still dig their live shows, and the loose bar band vibe they put off, but I would rather hear the tight knit polish from their albums.

fo
fo
5/11/2010 07:47 AM

Dr. Dog has gotten immensely "tighter" since they got a new drummer this winter. Bar shows in the past were a whole different scene. if you haven't seen them since '09, you haven't really seen them at all. I've had the pleasure of watching them progress to the next level, and there is no sign of leveling out.

@ @

@

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use