Jason Bonham To Recreate Led Zeppelin Experience
JamBase
JamBase
4/29/2010 12:00 AM

Jason Bonham To Recreate Led Zeppelin Experience

TCharmony
TCharmony
4/29/2010 07:04 PM

bullshit. more people trying to make money off what is not truly theirs.

crazyleggedelbow
crazyleggedelbow
4/29/2010 07:55 PM

i guess he's really upset about him not getting to be his fathers replacement.... why not start your own band...?

hell maybe he does have a band that I don't know about, but why wouldn't I already know about it? he's bonhams son for fucks sake...

isn't he rich enough already?

i'd pay $20 to see this show... tops... and I probably still wouldn't go unless I had a ride to drive my drunk ass.... no way I'd pay to see this show if I had to drive home from it..

willydog
willydog
4/29/2010 08:59 PM

"no way I'd pay to see this show if I had to drive home from it.."

Could be the single greatest statement about a band that someone is on the fence about. LMFAO

tgritch
tgritch
4/29/2010 09:03 PM

beer

jahlion
jahlion
4/29/2010 09:25 PM

gay.

stoops
stoops
4/29/2010 10:00 PM

thread just read my mind!

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
4/30/2010 12:29 AM

Sounds cool to me. The pink Floyd experience and rain are both cool if you don't have anything better to do that night. I'm sure this will be the same. No it's not Zep but it is good musicians playing their music loud as fuck in a live setting. Better than sitting in your room staring at your cool new blacklight poster. I did like that comment about driving home though, and I can assure you if I go see this I won't be driving home.

Danimal1
Danimal1
4/30/2010 03:06 AM

You know I am sometimes a Negative person and have negative comments. BUT, I think this is a worthy Idea like DSO and TAPFS, never seen Rain (I would though). This music is timeless and needs to be kept alive, just Like the Grateful Dead and Pink Floyd and The Beatles. So, I say if its not a huge ticket price (30 to 40 in this economy) why not let people get educated and have a well emulated musical journey. Bands like STS9, Umphreys, Disco Biscuits and too many more to name are just taking advantage of the "Drug Scene" with their crappy electronica and sub par musicianship(IMHO), that visits the bands I mentioned anyway. Plus, you get a more straight forward take on it as opposed to someones unworthy manipulation of good music under the influence. Sorry, guess I am still being negative. Yes there are alot of crappy cover bands of these classics but a well done presentation with the acknowledgement and blessing from members of the recreated band(ie: Gilmour/TAPFS and also Weir and Lesh/ DSO). I say BRING IT and let the masses decide.

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
4/30/2010 03:47 AM

Honestly I've seen The Pink Floyd Experience and I want my money back!!!! It's different with bands ilke Australian Pink Floyd and Dark Star Orchestra, cause they can actually put on worthy shows, but Pink Floyd Experience was so terrible, I wasted a pot brownie on that show and still had an awful time. So to say "the promoters of PF Experience" are apart of this makes it even worse, not that it didn't sound retarded to begin with. jason Bonham isn't a horrible drummer, but to be the one to carry a Zeppelin legacy tour.....*YAWN*

rastarusty
rastarusty
4/30/2010 04:33 AM

the pink floyd experience was pretty weak. Want a real floyd band check out the machine. The music of floyd played right without the gimmicky attempt of making the show better. Floyd experience wasn't bad. But it was like a cover band hooking partial songs together to fit more in, while a pig flew overhead. I'll go check these guys out, but my expectations are low

rastarusty
rastarusty
4/30/2010 04:34 AM

brooklynite84, I hear you man. I was really disappointed with the show.Haven't seen aus floyd yet but def going to check them out. It just sucks when good music gets turned into gimmicks

nomemory
nomemory
4/30/2010 06:09 AM

I have to agree with danimal about keeping timeless music alive. I wouldn't smack talk on orchestras that recreate the music of beethoven or mozart, in the same vein I wouldn't dump on this act. However, 25$ would be about my limit that I'd pay for a ticket, especially considering the 15$ service charge tix master would probably hit me with (per ticket). Hell, half of the original zep songs are john lee hooker covers.

bradnotbrad
bradnotbrad
4/30/2010 06:24 AM

Does this mean Steel Dragon isn't getting back together?

Ilikephish531
Ilikephish531
4/30/2010 06:27 AM

Stand up and shout!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use