Bonnaroo Late Night Sets
mlr4d
mlr4d
4/26/2010 10:54 AM

hmmm looks fun but.....wheres lotus?

StopnGo
StopnGo
4/26/2010 11:08 AM

I thought the lineup was bad, yea it is.. But this late-night lineup up is just sad... Thank God for Phish Summer Tour

chidodger
chidodger
4/26/2010 11:17 AM

SMOKEY-Rothbury isn't around because the promoters didn't want to pay the town any more than they had already agreed upon. When the "townies" that wanted more money found this out, they tried to institute a 1AM curfew on all music in an attempt to call the promoters bluff, but it then backfired when they called off the festival all together.

Obiviously, when it was announced that Rothbury was postponed until 2011 and some of the town's people attempted to put together thier own version of the festival proves that the people up there did, in fact, want the festival to return.

I do agree with you that Roo did help pave the way for other festivals to emerge, but I must also agree with others that Roo did change who thier target audience was. In my opinoin, Roo was first aimed at College/20 something crowd, and in the past 3 or 4 years, it's more aimed twords a younger, high-school aged crowd.

panicathome
panicathome
4/26/2010 12:17 PM

I'll throw my two cents into the mix. After going to bonnaroo 2002, 2003, 2009. I can say that this is just another year of great music. I bought my ticket this year after I saw the diverse lineup of bands who I really dig. There is very few festivals that can afford the wide range of talent like bonnaroo does every year. So, if feel like you taste in music is a little more narrow, and straight jamband, then you should go to festivals like All Good, or Wakarusa, and comment on those boards. Trust me, the jambase veterans are getting tired of hateful comments that make little to no sense. If you have ideas on how to make the festival better, you can email the festival. Its a more mature way of expressing your points of view. If my comment offends you, then you should take a look at yourself, and not my comment. Thanks.

rastarusty
rastarusty
4/26/2010 03:29 PM

Def down for some all good this year

danimal2
danimal2
4/26/2010 07:13 PM

none of those bands will come close to what moe or NIN did late night last year

mikemac9317
mikemac9317
4/27/2010 06:00 AM

I am sorry, but these late nite shows will be sick as fuck. Jay Z will not pull a Kanye. He is much cooler than that gay fish. Theivery Corp will throw down as well. And, what about Gwar? For those of you out there that go to late nite shows to get down on drugs, this may be the place to go see a spectacle. Oh, who am I kidding, a bunch of people like the ones bitching wouldnt go if they attended the festival because they are a bunch of frightened "hippie" bitches.

"Dude, see you on the mountain!"- says the wookie "hippie" who has no open mind to other music than noodling.

It is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo heady to talk shit about a festival that you aren't going to.

panicathome
panicathome
4/27/2010 08:33 AM

http://www.crescentvale.com (I'm going to make a "real" documentary on bonnaroo this year.) You can check out my past work on the site. Check out the music.

ozarkkeegan
ozarkkeegan
4/27/2010 08:40 AM

DARYL HALL LATE NIGHT SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danimal2
danimal2
4/27/2010 04:34 PM

dont be a hater just go to Nateva

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
4/28/2010 11:59 AM

smokey82832 4/26/2010 08:21 AM • "the locals didnt want it around anymore"

lol wrong again

railroadmountain…
railroadmountain…
4/29/2010 01:00 PM