Bonnaroo Late Night Sets
JamBase
JamBase
4/26/2010 12:00 AM

Bonnaroo Late Night Sets

gregboyer
gregboyer
4/26/2010 07:22 AM

JayZ is going to pull a Kanye and show up at 4:30 AM for a 1:00 set. Why would anybody spend huge $$ on this shitty festival? The heat and lousy layout were tolerable when the talent was good but I can think of at least 20 festivals I would rather attend even if they weren't less expensive.

nomemory
nomemory
4/26/2010 07:54 AM

all those years ago, when bonnaroo first started out, if you'd told me that one day this fest would be hosting Jay-Z and GWAR, i would've laughed in your face. But, let's face it, music festivals are BIG business.

phamilyberzerker
phamilyberzerker
4/26/2010 08:01 AM

I do not understand the hate that constantly circulates on this website. I can only imagine that it is douchey 20 year olds regurgitating the same nonsense they hear from jaded fans who feel a festival is only good if further and panic headline. Why would anyone spend money to go to bonnaroo? Maybe because it is the biggest circus of the summer, maybe because Stevie Wonder, Thievery Corporation, Ween, Umphreys, The Dead Weather, Phoenix, The Disco Biscuits, John Fogerty, Les Claypool, The Black Keys, Jeff Beck and many, more will be there. You wont catch every band there anyways so what does it matter if 80 kids are enjoying themselves watching OK Go in the other tent. And by the way i heard Jay-Z was phenomenal at Coachella, so just because Kanye was a disaster doesnt mean he will be. Quit fucking complaining about things and do what you want and let others do the same. If you want to go to Nostalgia Fest 2010 then by all means have fun at Further fest, but dont blame Bonnaroo for pushing the boundries of current music and trying to turn people on to new things. That is all, enjoy your day.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
4/26/2010 08:05 AM

I've had a ton of respect for JayZ ever since his first Unplugged performance with The Roots. My guess is the late nite will be tons of fun and might feature a few guests. You close minded pseudo hippies who are bitching AND going may be in for a surprise. He is definitely not Kanye.

However- This lineup is so lame. When you look at in total it is just horrible.

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
4/26/2010 08:08 AM

Gotta echo lovejahlive's comment completely. Jay-Z will put on a hell of a show and late-night, that should be a blast. He is one of the FEW bright spots on this lineup and should not be hated on at all. Even if Kanye wasn't a prick, he'd still put on a shitty show. On the other hand, not only is Jay-Z the man, but he kills it live.

But fuck Kings of Leon right in the ear.

Chambrey
Chambrey
4/26/2010 08:11 AM

Dan Deacon late night would be the tits...

CoolYourJets
CoolYourJets
4/26/2010 08:25 AM

GWAR???

BlazinBB
BlazinBB
4/26/2010 08:29 AM

Black Keys late night is gonna be sick. I'm saving my money for Allgood though. First 'roo ill miss in 4 years.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/26/2010 08:52 AM

well said phamilyberzerker.

And GWAR is going to kill it!

dsawthestone
dsawthestone
4/26/2010 09:01 AM

J Hova, galactic, theivery, black keys, LCD, and Deadmau5....talk about fucking awesome latenights. jay z is going to kill it, just u wait

this lineup is so diverse and imo, fucking badass. even with all the acts i dont care for, there is so much good shit that it would not be an issue

too bad manchester TN is hell on earth and bonnaroo would have to do alot better to get me back to the worst festival grounds ive ever been a part of

brad5
brad5
4/26/2010 09:03 AM

What's with all the hate about all the perceived hate. Somebody makes one slightly negative comment and then you get a rant totally like this one but about 12 lines longer.

jtaylor365
jtaylor365
4/26/2010 09:14 AM

I've been to Bonnaroo the past four years in a row and I'm not going this year. I'm sure that it will be fun and there are still a handful of artist this year who I would love to see, but overall the line-up is weak compared to past years (and a pretty big step down from last year).

I understand that music festivals are a business and that Bonaroo has turned mainstream in order to increase profits (or to make any profit at all--see rothbury), but this year’s line-up is the final step away from jam-band music in favor of a total pop festival. Every year before now there has been a big-time jam name headlining the festival and you could count on a jammy sendoff on sunday night (either phish, WSP, Phill lesh, the dead, ect) and that is not the case this year. Some may say that DMB will fill that role this year, but they are not in the same league as Phish, the Dead or Panic and are not enough jam to get me to go back.

Bottom line is that Roo has, over time, abandoned their original jam band fanbase in favor of pop fans and this years line-up is the final step in that transformation. I hope that next year roo will realize the value of the jam community and schedule more acts that we enjoy. I appreciate a diverse line-up but I'm not gonna spend the time and money if I can't get my face melted!

sheebs1
sheebs1
4/26/2010 10:01 AM

sounds like a bunch of spooks rollin beans all night to some music they like and most they prob havent heard of...nah, but seriously, jay-z is a good late night decision bonnaroo(sarcastic). its just sad to see a festival that used to produce great lineups announce all this shit, literally shit, for 2010. sorry bonnaroo but you have def lost everything you were 4 years ago. have fun noobs, i'll be on the mountaintop at all good this summer. wherre da playas play...

bigdoobie
bigdoobie
4/26/2010 10:37 AM

^^ Please don't compare Jay to Kanye. They're not even in the same building.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use