Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

16 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Them Crooked Vultures | 04.14 | L.A.
JamBase
JamBase
4/20/2010 08:36 PM

Them Crooked Vultures | 04.14 | L.A.
Them Crooked rock legends continue to forge a nasty sound with another sticky show...

concertconfessio…
concertconfessio…
4/23/2010 10:56 AM

This was a great show I was lucky enough to witness. If you get a chance to see TVC - DO IT!

http://concertconfessions.com/2010/04/15/tcv-la/

gmoo
gmoo
4/23/2010 12:09 PM

I haven't seen them live, but they straight up kicked ass on ACL.

Joshl92482
Joshl92482
4/23/2010 12:20 PM

oysterhead wasnt a supergroup?

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/23/2010 01:14 PM

"The Traveling Wilburys were probably the last" wow! the music snob in ma can't let that one go.

Supergroups after The Traveling Wilburys: Temple of the Dog, Mad Season, Me First and The Gimme Gimmes, The firm, Neurotic Outsiders, Fantomas, Liquid Tension Experiment, A perfect Circle, Son Of Sam, The Philadelphia Experiment, Audioslave, Oysterhead, Eyes adrift, Velvet Revolver, The Sounds of Animals Fighting, Monsters of Folk, Angels and Airwaves, Chickenfoot, The Dead weather, The Raconteurs.............

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/23/2010 01:15 PM

*me

fydo1974
fydo1974
4/23/2010 05:01 PM

VULTURES RAWK!

RealxGuy
RealxGuy
4/23/2010 08:08 PM

hotchkiss you forgot atoms for peace, zwan, SMV, LIST GOES ON, i mean where do they find these people who know nothing about music to write reviews....

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/23/2010 11:47 PM

I also left out down, those guys are amazing!

I don't know where they find these reviewers, but I do know there is criteria to follow and it needs to be approved by the staff.

It was a great review, but that Wilburys statement was just too silly.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
4/24/2010 11:20 AM

I don't know. If the writer intended to say "significant supergroup" then he is pretty accurate. The Wilburys were significant. You could also argue (if some genre bending is allowed) that Old And In The Way meets the criteria. The Firm ,Oysterhead too...Audioslave? Maybe. Velvet Revolver? No.

The list of significant groups like this is actually pretty short.

Ilikephish531
Ilikephish531
4/24/2010 01:30 PM

he really wasn't too far off. john paul jones... i mean come on here.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/24/2010 04:55 PM

significant |sigˈnifikənt|

adjective

1 sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy : a significant increase in sales.

2 having a particular meaning; indicative of something : in times of stress her dreams seemed to her especially significant.

• suggesting a meaning or message that is not explicitly stated : she gave him a significant look.

3 Statistics of, relating to, or having significance.

I think every band I listed fits that description.

funkyMOFO
funkyMOFO
4/26/2010 10:28 AM

Saw the concert in vegas at the joint... if you like super heavy, super dark, super deep, super super super tight jamming- do not miss this band! Hadn't heard a note of their material before the show... I was completely blown away as any expectations I had were totally obliterated. Saw Oysterhead at jazz fest in 2000... and then a couple times when they toured... couldn't touch the Vultures with a million foot pole. No joke- Vulture's are the real deal... 100%... if you have the chance to see this show... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

funkyMOFO
funkyMOFO
4/26/2010 10:38 AM

As far as a the "supergroup" goes... even though a band has members in it from already established bands... this fact does not make them a supergroup. You can only wear that tag if the music you create is actually "super". The Traveling Wilburys made sweet sounding music that has lasted for 20 years. Those were some of the greatest artists in classic rock of all time. Just because Jack White or Joe Satriani is in a band doesn't make it a supergroup.

music_man86
music_man86
4/26/2010 11:38 AM

Seeing these guys in Indy in like 3 weeks, Can't fucking Wait!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use