Wowzers.. Come to the NorthEast!

tourfan
tourfan
4/21/2010 03:29 PM

Vibes Bitches!!!!!

thelostsailor
thelostsailor
4/21/2010 03:41 PM

you know you guys need to come to Alaska....so stop messing around and just announce a couple Anchorage shows! I know you're brave enough to come back to the north....

grtful
grtful
4/21/2010 04:32 PM

Keller Williams??? Really?? Thats to bad!

karrvingwaves
karrvingwaves
4/21/2010 05:13 PM

keller doesnt seem like a good idea. Kimock or Herring would a good call

southfork
southfork
4/21/2010 05:31 PM

tourfan.....chime in and explain how well keller williams plays Dead songs.

cjc27
cjc27
4/21/2010 06:28 PM

vibes baby!!!

iAMuANDwhatIseeI…
iAMuANDwhatIseeI…
4/21/2010 06:29 PM

i think keller is one of the few vocalists to perform dead tunes post dead that really does them justice. he understands them from years of devout fandom and really delivers with delicate respect (something jackie green, among others, failed to comprehend, while beating the lyrics and melody to death with a self-serving, diva-esque kind of swagger)...as for davey knowles...eehh?? doesn't tickle my fancy. afraid he'll do to jerry licks what jackie green did to the vocals. like rehashed british blues lick hell....but i could be totally off base. hope to find out in person....

tourfan
tourfan
4/21/2010 07:30 PM

Indeed Southfork, KDub does Captain Trips justice and respect as ^iAM..^ says. KDub has a singing tone similar to Jerry, and sings with grace yet doesn't just mimic his style. I love Keller's Birdsong. I for one am super pumped about this lineup. And Saturday is the best day of the lineup at GOTV so far. Ken Hayes has got his work cut out to get the Vibe Tribe to come back the Bridgeport this year.

jamrad
jamrad
4/21/2010 10:14 PM

Andy Hess. Nice choice. Keller hmmmm, we'll see. Knowles i don't know enough about. Just don't let Mickey sing.

Hankskool
Hankskool
4/22/2010 02:08 AM

So I don't get it. What's the deal with spuds ragging on Keller Williams. I've only seen him twice, once with String Cheese and once with DSO but he added some great flavor to both of those shows. In fact, DSO didn't do much for me until Keller came out and exploded a Cumberland Blues on us.

Regardless, I know Kreutzmann sounds great right now. Saw him two weeks ago. Maybe an Oregon or two show is in order.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
4/22/2010 08:01 AM

String Summit = Oregon....

phishdead2
phishdead2
4/22/2010 08:29 AM

well hankskool people hate on keller because of his solo. you've never seen him solo and it is very repetetive, if you've seen him once you've seen him a hundred times. but i agree his voice does sound great doing jerry. i really liked the rhythm devils with gordon and kimock, lets get that goin again.

matthau
matthau
4/22/2010 02:08 PM

Ha....so Mickey and Bill got ousted from playing with Bobby and Phil and now they are back together in the Rhythm Devils. The whole thing is amusing. But i did think that they and in particular Bill were the biggest problem with the Dead tour last year. I loved Bill's work back in the day, and Mickey is just Mickey, but i am not convinced that drummers get better with age. But that is just my two cents. I think the Allmans would sound MUCH better with new blood on drums. I think the brothers are great...but with a fresh talent on drums...fugetaboutit.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use