Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

28 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Flaming Lips Play Pink Floyd's "Breathe" on Jimmy Fallon
rastarusty
rastarusty
4/20/2010 11:59 AM

I didn't like it. I'm a huge floyd fan. I was dealing with the super loud intro, waiting for a change of pace when they broke into it, but nothing. Just loud thrash the whole way. Didn't work for the song at all.

mesaxi
mesaxi
4/20/2010 12:14 PM

How many bad musicians does it take to do a horrible cover of a good song?

gandrewd
gandrewd
4/20/2010 02:41 PM

Something kind of bugs me about the Flamers but I liked their version. Anyone got a link that works for Dub like an Antelope torrent?:)

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
4/20/2010 04:11 PM

The lips do their own thing. Thier not trying to be Pink Floyd because they're already the Lips. Take it or leave it, I'm sure they don't give a shit. I liked some of the album and not so much of other parts. All I can say is it was an orignal take on a classic, and unique originality is what the Lips are known for. And I as well cannot wait for this at Bonnaroo. I'm sure the live show is gonna kill it! Oh yeah, that Dub Like an Antelope thing sounds tight. Somebody send me a link!

Flat5
Flat5
4/20/2010 06:10 PM

floyds version was very dynamic. this is their interpreation of the tune. personally, I was glad to hear them not do the dynamic parts. I would have been disapointed- there enough cover bands I can go hear at some bar who do exact replicas of the originals

skooter17
skooter17
4/20/2010 09:00 PM

josh99 stole the words out of my mouth. And to cover another bands album just shows how bad you suck. not to mention Dark side of the moon. The most overrated trendy album of all time. Don't get me wrong I love Floyd but Darkside is sooo hyped out of control. Flaming lips=lamest band on the planet at this time.

chummer420
chummer420
4/20/2010 10:36 PM

I dont know what everyone is whinning about... This makes me want to go to bonnaroo again.

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
4/20/2010 11:33 PM

^^go then bro, I doubt you'll hate it. I'll buy you a beer!

gandrewd
gandrewd
4/21/2010 12:03 AM

Most overrated trendy album of all time? Wow, them's fightin words. I highly disagree. One of the best albums of the classic rock era of 60's and 70's from one of the more unique bands of the same period. They were pioneers of psychedelia and Syd Barrett is considered the godfather of glam rock by David Bowie. That album has changed thousands (or millions) of peoples' lives. I didn't get a hold of it til I was 18 and it changed my life, especially the song Time. I love almost all Floyd albums equally, but Darkside packages up their style and philosophy in the most approachable way for millions of people. It's almost a perfect album. I can't wait to hear the rest of the Lips version. I guess Phish and Les Claypool suck ass too cuz they covered other peoples' albums.

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
4/21/2010 04:13 AM

Wow, I did not care for that at all. And it's not that I'm opposed to reinterpretations of Floyd, or to this genre in general... in fact I've heard some real heavy Floyd covers that I've loved... but this is like they've purposefully stripped away all of this song's magic. I'd actually like to hear the Lips' entire Dark Side cover, but only out of morbid curiosity (and research purposes) at this point.

--Vik

nomadkidd
nomadkidd
4/21/2010 10:31 AM

"skooter17: What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

bebber
bebber
4/21/2010 02:52 PM

Holy Smokes

adamlangolf
adamlangolf
4/22/2010 11:18 AM

Gad damn...Wayne..you really f'd up this song. The intro threw me off..then I thought..maybe this is going to be a rager...then I was pissed that they kept doing the verse the same way. Overall..terrible!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use