Flaming Lips Play Pink Floyd's "Breathe" on Jimmy Fallon
JamBase
JamBase
4/20/2010 12:00 AM

Flaming Lips Play Pink Floyd's "Breathe" on Jimmy Fallon

silent9bass
silent9bass
4/20/2010 07:21 AM

Ughhh, where are the dynamics that make this song great...interesting interpretation, but why can't they play at any other volume/intensity but loud and in your face? The flaming lips have great dynamics in their own music! Why not apply it to the greatest album ever??

aburtch
aburtch
4/20/2010 07:28 AM

I really like that version. It's bombastic, in-your-face, and fun.

I do question the need to reinterpret a classic album like Dark Side, but if they want to do it, go for it.

josh99
josh99
4/20/2010 07:33 AM

The Flaming Lips suck monster monkey balls. Wayne Coyne is a self-righteous, pompous asshole who relies on his way-too over the top sense of showmanship, which is simultaneously annoying, boring, and lame; instead of actually displaying some good musicianship with his band (they dont have it...) You couldnt pay me to go see these deluded d-bags.

For a really good cover of Dark Side, check out the Easy Star All-Stars album "Dub Side of the Moon"

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
4/20/2010 08:03 AM

^^ Everyone and his grandmother has already heard Dub Side.

In other news, I just gave a listen to Dub Like an Antelope, where some reggae artists cover Phish tracks. As my man Larry David would say, "pretty good...pret-ty, pret-ty, pret-ty good."

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
4/20/2010 08:18 AM

It looks like Steven is off the drugs. Again.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/20/2010 08:22 AM

That was pretty awesome.

TheLotMessiah
TheLotMessiah
4/20/2010 08:28 AM

Wow, Josh^.

Such vitriol.

Might I suggest an Anger Management Program?

It's much better than torturing small animals.

charlienelson
charlienelson
4/20/2010 08:50 AM

I agree w/ silent9bass, their version of "breathe" could use some more dynamics.

Josh, Wayne would agree with you that he doesn't have a ton of talent (he says this numerous times in "Fearless Freaks"). That said, he's a heck of a frontman and he's had vision like none other (i.e. Zaireeka experiment, radio experiment, etc). Steven Drozd, on the other hand, is a musical genius. Haters hate, but the Lips have remained relevant for well over 20 years and have put out some of the most unique and durable albums of the 90's and 2000's (at least "Clouds"/"Transmission"/"Soft Bulletin"/"Yoshimi").

Phattiebace
Phattiebace
4/20/2010 09:37 AM

BFD do they really need to make a big hype about this? Josh99 I couldn't agree with you more, they're the same show every time, overrated.

gratefulgrass234
gratefulgrass234
4/20/2010 09:47 AM

didn't they just come out with a new album? why would they play pink floyd on jimmy falon?

i think this says something about themselves and their music

and yes i know they're covering the album at bonnaroo

adubvu
adubvu
4/20/2010 09:50 AM

this reminds me of gay.

Putnameter
Putnameter
4/20/2010 10:04 AM

You stole the words out of my mouth: "pretty good...pret-ty, pret-ty, pret-ty good."

drow229
drow229
4/20/2010 11:16 AM

terrible, just terrible

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
4/20/2010 11:38 AM

I'm a HUGE Lips fan, so haters can suck it, but as for this Pink Floyd album cover; it's Ridiculously Terrible, I downloaded it on Xmas and WOW, I couldn't even tolerate one song on there, but I would say that this version they play on here is pretty sick at least compared to the album they destroyed. Don't buy this album, if you can get it for free, then get it, otherwise save your money and get Embryonic which is Amazing!!! Check out the new video by the Lips on their website, it's classic Lips and saves me from this mess

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use