Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

18 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Coachella | 04.16 | Day 1 Photo Gallery
JamBase
JamBase
4/17/2010 12:00 AM

Coachella | 04.16 | Day 1 Photo Gallery
Coachella begins with Jay-Z and his girl Beyoncé, Yeasayer, Vultures, The Avetts, LCD, Scott-Heron...

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/17/2010 11:10 AM

That's too funny seeing Maria Shriver kickin it with Beyonce. I wonder where Arnold was?

Say what you want about Coachella, but you can't deny how beautiful it is out there. And look how happy all those people are.

msudtg
msudtg
4/17/2010 12:16 PM

Very shiny...

Miruguy
Miruguy
4/17/2010 12:55 PM

LCD and Specials killed it yesterday (Yeasayer were pretty cool also, as was Street Sweeper Social Club). I thought Crooked Vultures was a little disappointing (they rocked, but pretty much sounded just like QOTSA, which is nothing to complain about, but I expected more with Grohl and JPJ). Definitely a younger and better looking crowd than most other fests, and by far the best fest food I've ever had.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/17/2010 03:34 PM

Hey Mirguy, Did they do water the same way as festival 8 did? (1 dollar refills or buy a 32 ounce container and get free refills all weekend)

Miruguy
Miruguy
4/17/2010 03:40 PM

I didn't see that - bottles were $2 and I think they had some program where you could turn in 10 empties for a full one. It wasn't as crazy hot as it had been in prior years - never got above high 80's on Friday and stayed in '70s at night. They had the Kogi Taco Truck, which was a definite highlight.

jborrel1
jborrel1
4/17/2010 04:25 PM

looks fun as hell. anybody else really not like the new photo viewer?

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/17/2010 05:20 PM

$2 ain't to bad.

I do not dig the new viewer at all.

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
4/17/2010 05:21 PM

Glad to hear The Specials put on a good show.

rastarusty
rastarusty
4/17/2010 06:32 PM

Can you go between the venue and campground freely these days? If you can I might check it out sometime

electronicjams
electronicjams
4/17/2010 06:47 PM

those pics are awesome! great work.

-man this looks like the festy of the year

bobbarta
bobbarta
4/17/2010 07:20 PM

Who would want to go see any of that line up

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/17/2010 08:27 PM

Rastarusty: I heard that the Goldenvoice guys (who worked with Phish at 8) got a lot of ideas from 8 to use at this years coachella.

I know you can go from the Campgrounds to the venue anytime. How easy? not sure?

bobbarta: Sold out crowd, there's your answer.

malnor
malnor
4/17/2010 10:49 PM

Not usually one to complain, but this new photo gallery format Jambase has switched to is garbage. It takes forever to go through the pics when you have to load a whole new page per photo. I understand the website gets more money with more clicks and page-loads, but there's got to be some sort of happy medium here...

toestothenose
toestothenose
4/18/2010 10:40 AM

Top notch photos all around, but damn SW you had hot shoot. For not being there some of those images sure make me want to go.

"Random Photo Viewer thoughts"

Change is gonna be tough any way you slice it especially when it has to do with something this crowd is so damn passionate about. I think it’s great that folks are posting feedback- and should send a nice warm fuzzy feeling to the Base staff reaffirming how much this site means to its fans. I don't love the new photo viewer either, but it seems to allow for a slightly larger image horizontally. That seems to be positive when viewing quality photos like these and offers a tad more detail to pick up without having to squint (not that we really had to before).

This viewer may suck, but not as bad as the tiny images Brooklyn Vegan slapped up – Jay Z would pimp Jambase six ways from Sunday before he ever let his shit look that pathetic. I’ll take the longer load times and enjoy the eye candy.

Cheers

Jake

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use