Saturday Eye Candy: LSD – Dr. Albert Hofmann
Avi1589
Avi1589
4/18/2010 11:53 AM

How could you not include the DEAD????

dropNdip
dropNdip
4/18/2010 05:01 PM

i used to love to take a whole shit load of lsd (17-22)years old now it kind of scares the shit out of me.it has helped me out creatively and musicly. now i just smoke herb. sometimes other things. every body should take it at least once.its an eye opening experiance. every day i think about it. keep the good vibes alive. another eye opening experiance is ayahuasca.(not for everybody)not something you take at a concert. we all have our own experiances just dont over do it.I belive in god and reincarnation.Be the best person you can be and no one can ask for any more.peace love and comonsense.this summ should be fun

dropNdip
dropNdip
4/18/2010 05:03 PM

i like the silver very colorful

CaptainTrips101
CaptainTrips101
4/18/2010 08:10 PM

hey pengseed i hope u werent tryin to rip on jerry with that shitty heroin comment... every 1 knos that the best and most influential lsd orientated band is the grateful dead therefore it is absurd to not include a video from them on this little lsd thread. in my opinion its a downright disgrace to not have put them on here!

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
4/19/2010 07:27 AM

Even before 2000-01 there's evidence that the "super clean" LSD that everyone talks about was actually ALD, which many people in scientific studies reported was "smoother" than LSD. Today's acid is not a different chemical it's just usually weaker. There are not very many chemicals that are active in small enough quantities (a couple hundred MICROgrams not MILLIgrams) to fit on a piece of blotter paper.

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
4/19/2010 07:28 AM

And yeah, fuck Ted Nugent. "I didn't realize it was about tripping...I thought it was just about meditation..." Well then in addition to being a right-wing neanderthal, you're also dumb as hell.

nickrbk
nickrbk
4/19/2010 07:59 AM

I think its a shame there was no mention of the dead as well. How about the acid tests? That would make a great read. if you dont know about the dead's role in some of the acid tests I recommend you start reading. Shit one time Jerry double dosed the punch! my bad ;) Wish I was there for that

702phamily
702phamily
4/19/2010 11:48 AM

Not mentioning the Dead is like a frosty with no spoon.

That aside what is a matter with you kids (children) there is nothing wrong with the quality of L, only where you are recieving it from. On Further and Phish tour I had GREAT SWISS and Awesome Silver from City.

If your L is crappy its due to the source~~~ "Once in a while you get shown the LIGHT in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

So my advice is next time the kid in EMO jeans and TOOL shirt offers you lsd just laugh and keep walking, I always do!

~~See ya' in the show~~

cliftonhanger420
cliftonhanger420
4/19/2010 05:56 PM

what about jefferson airplane's "embryonic journey" or "white rabbit"? what about a clip of ken kessey or timothy leary? there was a whole lot of better choices that could have been. the cowsills? really? could have done just pink floyd songs and that was it. magic bus? the acid tests? further bus? the other one? cowboy neil at the wheel?

josh99
josh99
4/19/2010 07:57 PM

I tripped on some very good acid at least 400 times or more between 1996 and 2002. I got many varieties and they were all quite excellent, but like someone else here wrote, you got to have a quality source. My personal favorite type of acid is in geltab form. Always super potent, super clean, and lasting at least 12 to 18 hours depending on how much taken. I stopped tripping in 2002 because I could no longer get geltabs and didnt feel like taking any other kind. Last time I had some gels was at a Jerry Garcia Birthday Bash at Trip McClellands Sunshine Daydream Campground in August 2006. I bought 50 geltabs and they lasted me until October of 2008. Kids out there..... if you're gonna trip, do it right. You should be with people you love and trust and have a great time with, and should be somewhere you'll be comfortable...I prefer the woods...and make sure you have a boombaox or access to a nearby car stereo......The tunes never sound sweeter than when your on LSD.

Also, its an utter shame not to include a video of Jimi Hendrix -- the only other artist next to the dead in terms of acid-inspired music..... and how about the Doors in a distant second.

sr53137
sr53137
4/20/2010 06:06 PM

Believe me real LSD is still around, its all about your source. Anyone else get a hold of the dancing elephants inspired by the Disney movie dumbo, they are on a classic blotter design from Mark McCloud. Different color backgrounds with dancing pink elephants, found in Miami this year for PHISH. Most definitely real, clean, strong LSD I would say around 250mics per tab from my experience. There is a lot of lower grade L out there too, right now some silver is making its way around that is definitely much lower quality, not as visual and more body load, still L just not as clean as that mentioned above. Good Luck and happy spinning!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use