Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

10 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Yeasayer | 04.03.10 | Washington, D.C.
JamBase
JamBase
4/12/2010 12:00 AM

Yeasayer | 04.03.10 | Washington, D.C.
In their tour opener, Yeasayer brings its futuristic, syrupy sound to the nation's capital...

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
4/12/2010 01:25 PM

I'm not liking Odd Blood nearly as much as I did All Hour Cymbals. That being said, I'd still like to see the new material performed live...that might change my opinion.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/12/2010 01:56 PM

I too like A.H.C's a lot more. But "Odd Blood" is a completely different animal. I can't begin to compare the two.

From the live footage I've seen of "Ambling Alp" and "O.N.E." i know their live renditions will make me appreciate the studio versions more.

PooDolla
PooDolla
4/12/2010 02:17 PM

I'm seeing them in SF on Friday.

Chaloupka
Chaloupka
4/12/2010 02:23 PM

Hoping to catch their Denver show here in a coupla weeks.

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
4/12/2010 02:36 PM

Wish I could see them this Thurs here in PHX, but it's SOLD OUT!!! That's a surprisingly good thing though, cause at least they're getting a lotta Desert love:) Didn't know they were popular here...

MrElbert
MrElbert
4/12/2010 02:38 PM

I think the Odd Blood material comes off a lot better live than it does on the album. I first heard most of the songs when I saw them last November, long before the album had come out. Thye played almost entirely new material and I was blown away. I was convinced that Odd Blood would ultimately be the album of the year. But when I actually heard the album I was a little disappointed. I felt that it was WAY over-produced, and that maybe my memory was making these songs out to be better than they were in reality. But nope, I just saw them again last night in Austin and once again the show was incredible. Even if you didn't like Odd Blood as much, give it a shot live. It will greatly improve your opinion of the material.

bdaughert
bdaughert
4/12/2010 06:35 PM

yeah the new one hasnt really caught on with me, it is soooo different than the last one

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
4/12/2010 06:52 PM

Im loving the album. Its like a revitalized Depeche Mode from the early years. Great emo candy, and well deserving of its success. I dont know if I would drive 3 hours to the bay area for their show though, my days of driving 6 hours for 1.5 hours of music is over. Would love to see them at a festival, though.

hookahhead2
hookahhead2
4/13/2010 05:10 AM

i bought odd blood after reading an interview in rolling stone about the band/album, i just can't get into it. theres a couple songs i like, the whole album sounds like its from the 80's which isn't necessarily a bad thing, its just not that good imo.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use