Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

35 Total Messages • Page 3 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 
Roger Waters: The Wall Tour
daveapaug
daveapaug
4/12/2010 07:34 PM

You schmucks have no idea what you are talking about. Gilmour did an extensive US tour in '06 with Rick Wright, I saw them at the Paramount in Oakland and they played the SHIT out of Echoes. Babbling on about who is better, Gilmour or Waters, is lame. They both are amazing musicians. Waters would be nowhere without Gilmour, and Gilmour's life would be completely different had Syd not dosed himself about a thousand times too many. If you think that Waters solo stuff sucks, A) you havent given it a decent chance, and B) his solo stuff is a thousand times better than anything Gilmour ever did; and this is coming from someone who thinks Gilmour is GOD. It will be interesting to hear Roger's band do the less popular Wall stuff. I really hope that Snowy White is in the band again. How Much will tickets be? I dont care, I will pay a thousand dollars to see this tour.

Chicken-Tits
Chicken-Tits
4/13/2010 09:24 AM

Word up. The Wall is so epic in my opinion I cant hardly wrap my mind around it. That movie is my child hood, we watched it religiously as young stoners and I would never miss such a performance as this. Gillmore kicked so much ass at that Paramount theatre show ^, but I dont really care that he and Waters arent together. It comes down to the music and the fat that the DSOTM tour was unreal and I have no doubt this will be just as good. And tix for DSOTM were only fifty bucks if I remember correctly, maybe even 35 when I saw it at the shoreline, so Im not too woried about that either. To hell with the haters, this is gonna rule.

Chicken-Tits
Chicken-Tits
4/13/2010 09:24 AM

Word up. The Wall is so epic in my opinion I cant hardly wrap my mind around it. That movie is my child hood, we watched it religiously as young stoners and I would never miss such a performance as this. Gillmore kicked so much ass at that Paramount theatre show ^, but I dont really care that he and Waters arent together. It comes down to the music and the fat that the DSOTM tour was unreal and I have no doubt this will be just as good. And tix for DSOTM were only fifty bucks if I remember correctly, maybe even 35 when I saw it at the shoreline, so Im not too woried about that either. To hell with the haters, this is gonna rule.

nebuliss
nebuliss
4/13/2010 10:32 AM

The Columbus show tix go on sale May 10 and the price on them ranges from $55 to $200.

keyman
keyman
4/17/2010 11:24 PM

Worst Floyd album? Easy. Ummagumma. Narrow Way pt 3 and Granchester Meadows are the only good songs there.

We are lucky to have so many different "Floyds" to listen to.

The "Friendly" blissful sound of Gilmour on his solo albums, Momentary Lapse Of Reason, Division Bell.

The Angry Roger on The Final Cut, the Wall, Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking and Amused To Death

The Whimsical Syd on Madcap Laughs and Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

The "Salad" days when all 4 had songs on albums. "Meddle" Obscured By Clouds" "Atim Heart Mother"

And the most underated, Rick Wrights solo album "Wet Dream" featuring Snowey White, who is Floyds 5th beatle if you will. He played on the Wish You Were Here, Animals, and Wall tours as well as Rogers touring bands and on Wet Dream he plays the sickest guitar you have ever heard. (Wet dream is on you tube to listen, HIGHLY recommend it!)

Let's be Grateful and do what Roger is. Celebrating his life's best work, and one of the institutions in album making and theatrical bombast ever written.

Stay home if you hate it so we can all get tickets!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use