Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

23 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
7 Walkers | 04.09.10 | GAMH | San Francisco
theterriblebob
theterriblebob
4/13/2010 07:59 AM

not a huge papa fan, but i bet these vets cat get some funk flowin. yes susan rocks. looks like a nice mix of gd and nola funk tunes... ill keep an ear on it

fleabitejr3
fleabitejr3
4/13/2010 10:19 AM

great photos of an amazing show! thanks susan weiland and jambase!

fleabitejr3
fleabitejr3
4/13/2010 10:39 AM

always interesting to see how misinformation gets spread, most often by those who profess to be a source of knowledge. those who visit his website (www.papamali.com) can see for themselves what the louisiana native has to say about new orleans, austin and his connection to both cities.

toulouse
toulouse
4/13/2010 11:26 AM

Press releases don't count in the face of reality. It's a long way between Shreverport and NOLA. In so many ways......

fleabitejr3
fleabitejr3
4/13/2010 12:53 PM

I couldn't agree more...press and journalists who don't do their research are often the worst culprits about spreading info that is bogus..but just so we're clear, where are you getting yours?

fleabitejr3
fleabitejr3
4/13/2010 12:53 PM

I couldn't agree more...press and journalists who don't do their research are often the worst culprits about spreading info that is bogus..but just so we're clear, where are you getting yours?

jencat
jencat
4/13/2010 06:45 PM

thank you, fleabitejr3. i couldn't even justify a response to most of that.

doggett
doggett
4/13/2010 08:56 PM

Wow... what a bunch of buzz kills!! Friday night at GAMH was an excellent time. George Porter was an awesome added bonus. The band only has a handful of new songs, so they sort of have to mix in the rest... but I loved the band's take on them (and I didn't hear any complaints!). Death Don't Have No Mercy with the NOLA jazz funeral dirge feel was great.

BTW, where someone lives and what influences shape their playing styles are often quite different... the comments about Papa living is Austin and Shreveport instead on NOLA was the most asinine thing I've read in a while. Quite your complaining and get out to see a show!!!

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use