Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

7 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Drive-By Truckers/Lucero | 04.03 | Philly
JamBase
JamBase
4/9/2010 12:00 AM

Drive-By Truckers/Lucero | 04.03 | Philly
As Philly sat quietly poised for Easter Sunday, three rock bands celebrated the workingman...

TheLotMessiah
TheLotMessiah
4/9/2010 09:19 PM

Though this show was a stellar performance it suffered from an affliction common to many shows at the Electric Factory...horrible sound.

The problem here is that it was just too fucking loud. Don't get me wrong, I like my rock n roll as loud or louder than the next guy, but sometimes you (the soundman) just have to realize that turning everything louder than everything else isn't the way to go.

Soundmen need to take a page from Soundman Extraordinaire Steve Young (moe.) and sacrifice some volume for clarity.

Awesome band and an especially awesome new album, I can't keep it off my cd player.

youknowit
youknowit
4/10/2010 05:36 AM

The Truckers always tear it up no matter where they are.

jborrel1
jborrel1
4/11/2010 09:10 AM

you are the man jake! consistent as always...

tourfan
tourfan
4/11/2010 11:48 AM

yea, right on Jake. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. We're not worthy.

justfooling
justfooling
4/12/2010 08:38 AM

I'm sure you meant to say Hood finished with the Angels and Fuselage.

trpnbily87
trpnbily87
4/14/2010 12:02 AM

I like the Isbell tunes as well.... I guess that goes without saying for people who know..DBTs always crush it live though, I'd happily go on DBT tour given the chance.

Lucero - owes me a decent performance. I love their studio stuff, but as noted, they were "waaaayy hungover" last time in Denver.... at 10pm, please! Buck up. Dude forgot the way to play a song I like after about 2 bars. weak sauce.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use