Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

25 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
STS9 Summer Tour
gandrewd
gandrewd
4/2/2010 11:39 PM

21 dates in 3 months is massive? Lots of bands do 21 dates in a month. Just saw these guys a couple weeks ago and like them way better when they actually play there instruments like you know, a band does. Get rid of those damn laptops. And why does Murph play simple bass lines on the laptop that he could be playing with that hunk of wood and metal wires hanging on his shoulder? Just a thought.

electronicjams
electronicjams
4/3/2010 12:29 PM

:WOMP:

-thats bassnectar show

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
4/4/2010 01:00 PM

danimal2 4/2/2010 05:24 PM • "I hate you danimal"

lol dude he got you by a good 6 years

jplotkin
jplotkin
4/4/2010 01:21 PM

Come on Jamebase, do you know what the word massive means?

vinrazz
vinrazz
4/4/2010 09:43 PM

even if they're referring to the support, it's the wrong adjective.

struby420
struby420
4/4/2010 10:14 PM

you can't say that the laptops need to go since they've been using them for about 8 years now. saw them twice in march and was not disappointed either time, murph played some funky ass bass in vibyl and gobnugget. typical soundtribe haterade talk.

dropNdip
dropNdip
4/5/2010 12:42 AM

sound tribe is the shit , who cares what a review says. cant wait for red rocks. in my opinion thats the best way to see tribe. on the rocks. to all who come be safe, respect yourself and others, and meet new like minded people along the way.Colorado will do things to you,you know the alltitude n shit. I wish oregon and colorado whould switch places ,nothing against oregon,but colorado is the shit. tribe throws down hard for red rocks.

dropNdip
dropNdip
4/5/2010 12:43 AM

gangsta boogie

struby420
struby420
4/5/2010 09:39 AM

I love Colorado, they do get more music love than say, Northern California, but I'd rather go to Mendo or Humboldt than anywhere else in the US at any given time. Colorado and Oregon don't need to switch, otherwise the heady shows at Roseland would turn into subpar shows at the Wells Fargo in Denver. Colorado is run over with flat-brimmed snowboarding wooks. There's a reason STS9's homebase is Santa Cruz.

gandrewd
gandrewd
4/5/2010 10:21 AM

Been seeing them since 99, just quite ain't my thing anymore but not a hater. Just saw them a couple weeks ago too and the first set and end of the second set sans laptop were much better. Cuz I'm a guitar player, I really dig on Hunter's riffs. They just seem to get into a two or three note groove on the laptop and drag it out too long. And the basslines Murph was playing on the laptop were simplistic enough he could have made them even funkier on a real bass. I just hope in another 5 years or so they don't come out on stage with like 6 laptops and no instruments, then I'll be done.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use