Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

7 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Great American Taxi | 03.14 | Eureka
JamBase
JamBase
3/26/2010 12:00 AM

Great American Taxi | 03.14 | Eureka
Northern California's Red Fox goes on a psychedelic ride with Vince Herman's Great American Taxi...

msudtg
msudtg
3/27/2010 01:19 PM

Great review! I can't wait to see GAT at Bella Vida Festival in May... never seen them before, it should be a lot of fun!

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
3/27/2010 03:16 PM

Nice lil review....I love this band! The couple of times they have stopped in Nevada City they just wow'ed us. Of course theres nothing like Vince, someone so good at blending emotion, wit, great melodies and crazy silly antics all in a full bubble of sound. I love their style, although my background is mostly european new wave alterna rock with dashes of hippy and lots of bluegrass, Salmon and now Taxi has taught me so much about roots music, but in a way I prefer. Maybe it's my history with High Sierra or the whole Cheese/Colorado/Yonder/Salmon thing that makes me understand artists like The Band in a whole new 21st century way, and lucky enough that we get to see them at such intimate venues. Although Salmon is historical and classic, at this point I am actually more excited for what Drew and Vince can do on their own with their fresh outlooks. Taxi is a great night of music and I am so excited to see them on a smaller stage at High Sierra this year. Come back to Nevada City next round, guys!

sleepdirt
sleepdirt
3/27/2010 03:35 PM

Taxi rides again.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
3/28/2010 07:58 AM

Still hoping Vince gets added to String Summit. Someone needs to get on that. Thank you.

oldfartatplay
oldfartatplay
3/28/2010 07:59 AM

msudtg-taxi at harmony is a good fucking time, you won't be disappointed

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
3/29/2010 07:46 AM

Cant wait to see these guys at the Muncie Springfest....presales only 35.00 check it out!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use